VS commercial

carpandean

So I'm watching "The Miracle on Ice" on Versus and a commercial pops up talking about our opportunity to vote for the best goals, etc. so far this season. They show three hockey clips (on a cell phone screen, if I remember correctly) and two of them are the Sabres. What's even better is that both of those are in their third/alternate jerseys. :thumbsup:

I just caught the last 10 minutes of Miracle on Ice. At the very end, the actual footage of the US players receiving their gold medals brought back chills. I still believe the US winning the gold medal ranks right up there as the top sports moment of all-time.

I just caught the last 10 minutes of Miracle on Ice. At the very end, the actual footage of the US players receiving their gold medals brought back chills. I still believe the US winning the gold medal ranks right up there as the top sports moment of all-time.

It is certainly on the same level as the Sabres first win over the Russians at the Aud!

It is certainly on the same level as the Sabres first win over the Russians at the Aud!

The Sabres(a bunch of professionals on a very good team) win over a Russian team that was a subset of their Olympic squad was a a nice achievement, but nowhere close to being on the same level as what a bunch of no name college players did when they beat Russia's BEST players on their way to the gold medal.

Archived