HELP!

topshelfcookies

My parents live in Kenmore (an immediate suburb of Buffalo) and are looking to switch from their Time Warner Cable package. They are considering switching to either DirectTV or the Dish Network, but want to make sure that they continue to recieve MSG and get all the Sabres games. I know that technically the Sabres games are broadcast on an MSG alternate. I've searched through the archives for discussions regarding Dish, DirectTV and Center Ice, etc, but it seems that most of the questions are from people outside the Buffalo area.

For those in WNY, what's the best option to make sure they still see Sabres games on MSG?

Stick with Time Warner

Get Direct TV

Get Dish network?

Thanks for your help!

My parents live in Kenmore (an immediate suburb of Buffalo) and are looking to switch from their Time Warner Cable package. They are considering switching to either DirectTV or the Dish Network, but want to make sure that they continue to recieve MSG and get all the Sabres games. I know that technically the Sabres games are broadcast on an MSG alternate. I've searched through the archives for discussions regarding Dish, DirectTV and Center Ice, etc, but it seems that most of the questions are from people outside the Buffalo area.

For those in WNY, what's the best option to make sure they still see Sabres games on MSG?

Stick with Time Warner

Get Direct TV

Get Dish network?

Thanks for your help!

Id go with DTV my parents just switched in WNY oly issue is make sure dish has a cover or prtection from the snow

Dish Network isnt all that good...

Stick with Time Warner, no issues

OT - Time Warner doesnt have FOX in HD BUT....

I went out today and bought an HD Antenna For $25 and now watchin the Seahawks/Bears game in HD - looks amazing

I went out today and bought an HD Antenna For $25 and now watchin the Seahawks/Bears game in HD - looks amazing

Cable companies keep raising rates and most dont offer NFL network. I pay about 10$ a month more for DTV than I did in 1995 with far more stations than 1995 and its also the only place for Sunday Ticket as well. I know that verizon in WNY is offering DTV with phone and internet services in a nicely bundled package.

But, do both DirecTV and Dish Network offer the alternate MSG feed that broadcast the Sabres games? If yes, what kind of plan/package(s) in the WNY area do you have to minimally subscribe to?

...and while we are on the topic of switching from cable, does anyone have any experience with Verizon FiOS TV yet in regards to watching the Sabres on MSG?

There's no such thing as an HD antenea. I get all my local HD channels using a 8.99 Radio Shack set top rabbit ear antennea.

HD signals travel over the air like any other signal and no special antennea is required to capture them.

Don't let some salesperson try to tell you otherwise.

Weird. I have DirecTV also and I always get the entire postgame show. I live in Hamburg, for whatever that's worth.

DirecTV only cuts away for those of us who are 'out of market'. If you live in the Buffalo local area, you will get MSG and all Sabres games as part of your package, and won't have to pay extra.

Archived