Salary Cap situation

sabrefan33

Greetings all. This is my first time posting, since you all usually do a great job of saying what needs to be said, but I tend to read this board everyday. A few months back, there was a discussion of the Sabres salary cap situation, and somebody had a link to a really great website that had the salary commitments of all teams through the next few seasons. I recently lost that link, but i was hoping somebody else would have it still. Thanks very much. Go Sabres!

Greetings all. This is my first time posting, since you all usually do a great job of saying what needs to be said, but I tend to read this board everyday. A few months back, there was a discussion of the Sabres salary cap situation, and somebody had a link to a really great website that had the salary commitments of all teams through the next few seasons. I recently lost that link, but i was hoping somebody else would have it still. Thanks very much. Go Sabres!

Sorry, I don't have that link...but I just wanted say "Welcome!" :beer:

If it was just a case of fitting the co-captains into the salary structure for next year, then yes, there should be no problem re-signing them. But there are other factors to consider - is Teppo coming back? Who is the backup goalie? What about Vanek - do we lock him up with a good-size contract to make sure he doesn't get a RFA offer sheet from some franchise desperate to make a splash in free agency?

Do the Sabres try to sign them both and then try to fit in the pieces around him, or do we keep the surrounding players intact and then figure out how to fit Drury & Briere into the salary structure? Personally, I would go the first route, keeping them both as the core of the team, even at the possible expense of one or two peripheral players, rather than keep the other guys and lose Drury and/or Briere.

Archived