Have Sabres Lost Comeback Magic?

matter2003

I am not talking about being down 1-0 in the 1st and scoring a couple to win it...

I am talking about like tonite---being down 3-2 at the start of the 3rd...

I can't remember when the Sabres trailed in the 3rd period and came back to win---I guess part of it is that they are not allowing teams to come back like they were earlier in the year as much, but it just seems like they don't believe they can do it as much as they did earlier in the year...

I dunno...maybe I am reading too much into it, but there is no reason they should be losing to Pittsburgh the way they did...it seemed like they just coasted thru the game after they took a 2-1 lead...

Thats kinda what I am talking about---it seems like they know they are so good, they think they can just show up and win---what makes it worse is when they get away with it for 2 or 3 games in a row and then it gives positive reinforcement to a negative behavior and makes it harder to break...

I think Ruff is getting frustrated because with their record he can do little about it---yell too much and the players just tune him out...

Archived