Huge favor to ask

cdexchange

Tonight was my wife's first Sabres game in person, and obviously it was great. :beer:

However, when we got home we went to watch it on the DirecTV DVR and of course the piece of crap didn't record it (for no reason whatsoever other than it's a hunk of junk). Needless to say, we'd really like to watch it and also have it as a memento of the game.

Do any of you who DVR'd it have the capability of burning it to a DVD and throwing it in the mail to me? If so, please Email me at cdexchange@earthlink.net and I will give you my mailing address. If possible, I'd like the few minutes before the game as well, with Sabretooth repelling down etc.

In appreciation for doing this, I would be happy to send you a couple DVDs or CDs from my store (www.thecdexchange.com) in return. Just pick 'em out and I'll send them to you free of charge once I get the DVD-R from you. Anyways, hopefully someone out there can help me out. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Bill

Go to http://www.weaknees.com and get yourself a DirecTV with Tivo instead of that hunk of junk DirecTV Plus DVR. I had one for about two days as a replacement for my bedroom Tivo, and I broke down and bought the repair parts for the Tivo. Couldn't stand the DVR.

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php

You'll have to pay for it, but it's well worth it when you see how well it works and how easy it is to use.

I don't, as yet, have the ability to burn directly to DVD's. Sorry.

Thanks for the info. So, basically, I have to shell out $300 to have a DVR that actually works? Well that certainly sucks!

Damn, nobody Emailed me yet. C'mon, two free DVDs or CDs and lots of good karma for 5 minutes of work... anyone? :unsure:

I can hook you up. I have the Tivo with DVD recorder embedded.

I can hook you up. I have the Tivo with DVD recorder embedded.

If only DirecTV had made one of those!

Trust me, the DirecTV with Tivo is the best of the DirecTV DVR's. I've had them for over 5 years. I have 3 of them in service right now. It's worth it for reliability and for usability when compared to the new DirecTV Plus DVR's!

Yeah I wish I had known about this before signing up with DirecTV. I've been reading some message boards on the link provided by DCSabres above (thanks again), and it turns out that the DirecTV DVR unit is a big piece of crap. Nearly everyone using it (at least on those boards) has had major problems with it. You know it's gotta be bad if people are willing to shell out an extra $299 for a compatible TiVo unit that really does the same things (only it actually works).

I just can't swing 300 beans at this point for something like that, so I guess I'll have to live with it for now :angry:

Yeah I wish I had known about this before signing up with DirecTV. I've been reading some message boards on the link provided by DCSabres above (thanks again), and it turns out that the DirecTV DVR unit is a big piece of crap. Nearly everyone using it (at least on those boards) has had major problems with it. You know it's gotta be bad if people are willing to shell out an extra $299 for a compatible TiVo unit that really does the same things (only it actually works).

I just can't swing 300 beans at this point for something like that, so I guess I'll have to live with it for now :angry:

EBay. :thumbsup:

Archived