Stafford and Paille...who stays up?

LabattBlue

I've seen this written here several times. WHY does a move have to be made? I'm not saying one won't, I simply don't see why one MUST occur.

I think a big reason for this is the misleading articles they've been running in the Buffalo News lately. They make it sound as if we're somehow losing cap space by bringing these guys up. While there may be some truth to this, it's written in a way that's confusing the average fan.

What was the Sabres' record last year with and without Briere? If it's true it was better, than he should probably be allowed to walk if it's a matter of choosing between him and Drury.

I posted it way back in the summer. It is higher without Briere.

The Sabres may be damned which ever way they decide. It may be as simple as Drury being on the team allows Briere to do what he does and having Briere allows Drury to do what he does. It's like Messier and Gretzky or Sakic and Forsberg. Maybe having a "defensive" captain and an "offensive" captain may be the way to go. B-)

This isn't a post fouled by booze or because we just lost, but Stafford hasn't really impressed me of late. His first 3-4 games i thought he was an awesome addition, but, tonight i even think Mike Ryan out played him. I think when Hecht returns, Ryan might be given a longer view, but when Roy returns, i don't think theres any debate on who gets send down.

Stafford seems lost at times and does a poor job on positioning. I think he needs more development in Rochester and i definetly don't think it'd be a slap in the face because many felt Pominville and Roy were NHL ready and yet Ruff still send both down at the start of last year and when they came back they came much better and much more ready. I think Stafford needs more expierence and more playing time before he comes up to stay for good.

It was a good expierence for him but now he doesn't really do anything for me, i think Ryan has out played like in the past 2 games.

Archived