Game notes

Corp000085

-there was nothing the team could have done about those early goals. the refs decided to call stuff and they did. there was lots of post game talk of a "memo that nobody knew about", so that probably happened. oh well, the leafs took penalties too and it evened out.

-not an overabundance of leafs fans. just a few pockets, but it wasn't crazy. a couple guys got thrown out right near the end of the game.

-miller... wow... way to stand on your head.

-mike ryan looked decent, except for that stupid goal. oh well.

spacek looked terrible, but apparently he was hurting. he did finish the game and played his regular shifts, however, if lydman does come back on friday, don't be suprised if he takes a night off.

--i lost my voice at the game and i got on the jumbotron on 2 different occasions. sabretooth stood next to me banging on the drum. i got cell phone pictures!

--is it me, or is darcy tucker actually a very good hockey player when he's not gooning it up? he loves to be set up right next to the goal on the PP. that's how he got his goal the other time we played them.

well all, happy thanksgiving, GO sabres, and i'll see some of you at the game on friday night!

you are probably right, but I never, ever want to admit that Tucker can be a good hockey player....actually, he has probably been a good player all-along, but his cheap shots always got the attention. Him and Chris Neil are the two guys I have noticed this year that are from that "bucket."

Also, did you happen to know that the puck seemed to bounce up on its side last night? For that matter the last few games as HSBC seem to have been like that...

-there was nothing the team could have done about those early goals. the refs decided to call stuff and they did. there was lots of post game talk of a "memo that nobody knew about", so that probably happened. oh well, the leafs took penalties too and it evened out.

-not an overabundance of leafs fans. just a few pockets, but it wasn't crazy. a couple guys got thrown out right near the end of the game.

-miller... wow... way to stand on your head.

-mike ryan looked decent, except for that stupid goal. oh well.

spacek looked terrible, but apparently he was hurting. he did finish the game and played his regular shifts, however, if lydman does come back on friday, don't be suprised if he takes a night off.

--i lost my voice at the game and i got on the jumbotron on 2 different occasions. sabretooth stood next to me banging on the drum. i got cell phone pictures!

--is it me, or is darcy tucker actually a very good hockey player when he's not gooning it up? he loves to be set up right next to the goal on the PP. that's how he got his goal the other time we played them.

well all, happy thanksgiving, GO sabres, and i'll see some of you at the game on friday night!

Tucker is a classic 'hate him now - love him if he were a Sabre' type player. He's a free agent. I would be surprised if the Laughs didn't get him signed. He is the leader of that team not Sundin. I think he and Peca make a great combo. Tough. Can skate and have some offensive game.

You got to hand it to guys like Tucker and Ottawa's Neil how they have adapted.

They have at once realized that they can't hit people going to net - and the lightbulb

when on that nobody was going to hit them either. They just seem to dare people to

knock them off the puck or move them from the slot.

If you asked me last year I would have said the game was passing those chumps by.

Archived