Houston Sports Bar

Doohickie

I will be driving down to Houston to the Bills-Texans game this Sunday. I'll be meeting my brother and several others who are flying down for the game from Buffalo. They will be there Friday and Saturday when the Sabres play the Pens and Sens. Anyone from Houston out there that can recommend a good sports bar near Reliant Stadium that has CI, please let me know.

I've found two I'm going to call:

Two Rows Classic Grill (2.3 miles away from the hotel)

Champps (9.1 miles away from the hotel)

Can anyone verify if either of those have CI?

I will be driving down to Houston to the Bills-Texans game this Sunday. I'll be meeting my brother and several others who are flying down for the game from Buffalo. They will be there Friday and Saturday when the Sabres play the Pens and Sens. Anyone from Houston out there that can recommend a good sports bar near Reliant Stadium that has CI, please let me know.

Theres a bunch of Bills fans that are meeting up at http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/dining/cook/4184030.html the night before the game from TSW.

Not sure if they have CI, but if they do, you might want to give them a call and come hang out.

They're gonna be running a special for $2 Labatt?s :D

The website says that it's "new", but Sansone's used to get a huge Bills contingent back in the early to mid-90's (like 1/2 the bar) and they were always willing to put a hockey game on. They are on the far west side of Houston. I have no idea if they are any good nowadays, but it probably wouldn't hurt to call them.

Address: 14144 Westheimer, Houston TX 77077

Phone: 281-558-4545

With CI being a requirement, we found a place called Nick's Place. It was about 13 miles from the hotel. We got there Friday night to catch the third period and they treated us like old customers. We went back the next night and they remembered us and brought out the same bear orders we made the night before.

I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a good place to watch hockey in Houston. If you go, though, know that their address is 2713 Rockyridge (not Rocky Ridge as their website states). They are just off Westheimer; there's a Burger King on the corner of Westheimer & Rockyridge.

Now.... as for the main event. I know there is a Bills forum for for this kind of thing, but I haven't registered there quite yet.

We got up and had breakfast at our hotel which was about a 10-15 walk from Reliant Stadium. There was a Bills Backers tailgate party in the parking lot at the Holiday Inn, so we stopped by. Probably a couple hundred people there. One group had a lot of food and beverages and charged $5 for all you can eat and/or $5 for all you can drink. We had beer with us, so I just paid for the food and pigged out enough that I wouldn't need any stadium food at ten times the cost. :)

One of the things they also had was they were serving shots out of a bowling ball. That is just an injury waiting to happen; it is brilliant in its idiocy. :lol: No one got hurt that I saw, which amazed me. If the game was another hour later, I think we might have gotten to that point, though.

We had endzone seats at Reliant. They were pretty good; however, the only Buffalo scores we saw at our end was the second-quarter field goal. One of our group was "Buffalo Bills Man" or whatever: blue tights, red turtleneck, Buffalo Bills boxers and a Bills jersey, a Bills flag as a cape, capped off with the red, white and blue afro wig and red, white & blue face paint.

First quarter was unbelievable: TWO 83 yard touchdown passes to Evans. The Bills looked unstoppable. Then in the middle part of the game, the Texans seemed to be the unstoppable team; they moved up and down the field at will with both passing and running plays. Carr tied the NFL record for consecutive completions with 22 in a row. Yet, at halftime the Bills were still ahead by three, and it took an interception of JP Losman to put the Texans up in the third quarter.

But then... nothing happened.

Both teams' defense stiffened up and prevented any further scoring. The Texans could have put the game away with less than two minutes to go by converting a third-and-short, but instead of running the ball, they went for the pass. When it fell incomplete, the clock stopped and the Bills got one more crack at it.

With a minute and a half to go, apparently Jim Kelly came in for Losman (at least it looked that way) and marched the Bills down the field, taking what the Texan defense gave him. Losman hit Price in the back of the end zone with a highlight-reel catch and we all went nuts. Then we had to wait while the call was challenged, and when it was upheld, we all went nuts again. :lol:

Exiting the stadium, we saw other pockets of Bills and called out to them; having a grand time. One of the Texan fans was not so happy, though; he called out, "F*** Buffalo! F*** all y'all!" I looked backed at and said matter-of-factly, "Dude. 'All y'all' is not a word." (Living in Texas, I know that's a great way to piss off a Texan.) He was owned and we moved on.

Archived