New tune used on Sabres broadcasts

FogBat

Guys, does anyone here know what is the name of the instrumental tune that is used in Sabres radio and TV broadcasts? It's not the Sabre Dance by Khachaturian. It sounds much more recent. It starts off with a string section, and then a rock band (without vocals) comes in.

I think it's a cool tune. I would like to be able to either buy it or download it as a MIDI file.

is it love sculpture's version? that's dave edmunds on the guitar. If it's not, the love sculpture version is nothing short of brilliant (FWIW)

Yes, but it still doesn't answer the question.

Maybe I'll have to email WGR and find out from them what it is (unless someone can answer my question).

Yes, but it still doesn't answer the question.

Maybe I'll have to email WGR and find out from them what it is (unless someone can answer my question).

It has been discussed ad nauseum: it is Hurricane 2000. It was a remix of the Scorpion's Rock you Like a Hurricane which used a philharmonic orchestra.

And Love Sculpture's 1968 Sabre Dance is awesome. However, I am pretty sure the official "rock" version the Sabres use is a cover of it by some unknown band.

It has been discussed ad nauseum: it is Hurricane 2000. It was a remix of the Scorpion's Rock you Like a Hurricane which used a philharmonic orchestra.

And Love Sculpture's 1968 Sabre Dance is awesome. However, I am pretty sure the official "rock" version the Sabres use is a cover of it by some unknown band.

Weez, thanx for the help. I'm going to check it out. I apologize for bringing up something that has been brought up before. I didn't know this had been a topic of conversation before.

BTW, is this available as a MIDI file online?

Weez, thanx for the help. I'm going to check it out. I apologize for bringing up something that has been brought up before. I didn't know this had been a topic of conversation before.

BTW, is this available as a MIDI file online?

I know where it's available as an MP3... both the love sculpture, some other rock version, the original instrumental, as well as rock you like a hurricane and hurricane 2000... not to mention another 5000 or so MP3 files.

I know where it's available as an MP3... both the love sculpture, some other rock version, the original instrumental, as well as rock you like a hurricane and hurricane 2000... not to mention another 5000 or so MP3 files.

Why dont' you enlighten us then and post a link?

Why dont' you enlighten us then and post a link?

cause i'm not using an ftp server at my house. find me when i'm on AIM or yahoo and i'll be more than happy to share the sabres sounds with anyone. I can't post it here either, because the RIAA might frown on my activities of sharing my backups to my gigantic CD collection.

Archived