I look in the rear view mirror and what do I see?

wjag

Boy, you would think winning ten straight to start the season would provide some degree of separation in the standings. Atlanta is only 3 points behind and could climb to within one with a win. We need to beat this team to increase our separation to five points.

This should be one good game.

that's the "new NHL" for you... overtime/shootout losses still count for a point. That's one of my huge gripes about the scoring system... The nhl should either get rid of the 1 point for OT loss or set up a system like this:

regulation win: 3 points

regulation loss: 0 points

OT win: 3 points

OT loss: 0 point

Shootout win: 2 points

shootout loss: 1 point

there you have it... you reward both teams for making it to the shootout, give an extra point to the winner of the shootout, and you get rid of that ridiculous "reward" for losing in overtime...

or you could just go to the old system:

win: 2 points

loss: 0 points, and end of story!

Boy, you would think winning ten straight to start the season would provide some degree of separation in the standings. Atlanta is only 3 points behind and could climb to within one with a win. We need to beat this team to increase our separation to five points.

I agree...can't wait until Saturday night. Not to mention how Dallas and Minnesota are right behind us as well in the early President's Cup standings. IMHO - there is another team that we need to keep an eye on. Ottawa is looking dominant again!

I agree...can't wait until Saturday night. Not to mention how Dallas and Minnesota are right behind us as well in the early President's Cup standings. IMHO - there is another team that we need to keep an eye on. Ottawa is looking dominant again!

I agree with your assessment of Ottawa. They have spanked the Leafs in back to back games. That is a pretty big rivalry. I was watching Ottawa play during the Sabres intermission. I love Center Ice. No need to listen to ANY color analysts between periods.

Atlanta has played 1 extra game though.

Archived