10-0

Orange Seats

Brad Riter keeps saying "they can't keep up this pace the rest of the season."

Can't they?

They aren't exactly busting their to beat these teams, especially in a game like tonight's.

There are going to be nights when this team is going to have to bust it to win a game (Saturday for example)... but this seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

Who are we really going to have to extend ourselves to beat? To me it seems like most teams can't hold a candle to the Sabres even when the Sabres only put together 2 good periods.

Going to win every 9 of 10 games? 8 of 10? 7 of 10?

...and not wear themselves out busting their . it's early, but i hope they save something for the playoffs. in a perfect world, these wins are coming with relative ease. i just hope they aren't putting playoff effort into regular season wins. it's great to give 100% every night, but if everyone's tapped come april, that would be a bummer, am i right?

10-0...that's freakin' sweet.

But do you get the sense that they're really putting in 100% effort?

Tonight seemed like an NHL team playing an AHL team. The Sabres methodically put a game together, 1 goal per period... used their assets to skate around slow and undermotivated players, and Ryan got a shutout but it didn't seem like he really really really had to test his skill to get it. He just had to show up and be Ryan Miller.

I guess thats it, when they show up and just "be" the Buffalo Sabres, I think they're already 20% better than most teams.

i just hope they aren't putting playoff effort into regular season wins. it's great to give 100% every night, but if everyone's tapped come april, that would be a bummer, am i right?

I think some people are way over-analyzying this. Say they were 5-5 right now and I came on here and said:

"You know it might be good that they coasted through a few games and ended up losing because maybe they'll be fresher come playoff time."

That of course would be a silly thing to say. Just as silly as worrying that they might have expended too much effort in racking up precious points now.

You go 100% every night, scratching and clawing for every possible point and you're happy for every last point you earn. I know we are Buffalo fans and are trained to think otherwise, but winning is always good.

Archived