Flyers Deathwatch

Corp000085

they lost again tonight... haha...

with that said, they actually didn't play that bad. i caught the 1st period and parts of the rest of the game during intermissions and commercials of the sabres game. mind you, i didn't see the goals, but it was closer than those last 2 games... now's when it really will get interesting for trades, hitchcock's job, and clarke's job because the flyers have 6 days off. i'm revelling in this. my co worker is one of those @sshole flyers fans, so i love rubbing her nose in this.

with that said, they actually didn't play that bad. i caught the 1st period and parts of the rest of the game during intermissions and commercials of the sabres game. mind you, i didn't see the goals, but it was closer than those last 2 games... now's when it really will get interesting for trades, hitchcock's job, and clarke's job because the flyers have 6 days off. i'm revelling in this. my co worker is one of those @sshole flyers fans, so i love rubbing her nose in this.

I hope its a big ugly nose........... :D

with that said, they actually didn't play that bad.

Keep it in perspective, though. I mean, you can't play your worst all the time.

Every now and then you're going to inadvertantly give a good effort and maybe finish your checks. And who knows? Maybe the other team tonight wanted to lose as badly as they did.

The Flyers will get past what happened tonight. After their days off, they'll get back to what they do best and play patented Philadelphia Flyers hockey.

Like we saw in Buffalo a few days ago.

The Flyers actually have some talent up front. However, their blueliners are pylons. There is a bigger problem in Philly, though: Hitchcock. As long as Hitch steers the ship, the Flyers will be celler-dwellers. They are not playing for him. They are not motivated by him. The waived players was a nice little shake-up, but a bigger one needs to take place. Waiting too much longer on a bad coach is going to bite them hard.

The Flyers actually have some talent up front. However, their blueliners are pylons. There is a bigger problem in Philly, though: Hitchcock. As long as Hitch steers the ship, the Flyers will be celler-dwellers. They are not playing for him. They are not motivated by him. The waived players was a nice little shake-up, but a bigger one needs to take place. Waiting too much longer on a bad coach is going to bite them hard.

I don't know, in each of their last 3 losses the Flyers have kept the shots even, but haven't been able put the puck in the net. Either a bunch of their guys are in a slump, or they don't have any finishers.

Earlier this year I watched their marathon shootout against the Rangers. Their forwards lack of skill was really apparent. It seemed like half their guys shot wide, and the other half shot it into the center of the goalie. It was painful to watch, like a parade of Andrew Peterses.

I'd say, in addition to their pylon defense, they have a bunch of 3rd and 4th line forwards, except they don't hit.

I don't know, in each of their last 3 losses the Flyers have kept the shots even, but haven't been able put the puck in the net. Either a bunch of their guys are in a slump, or they don't have any finishers.

Earlier this year I watched their marathon shootout against the Rangers. Their forwards lack of skill was really apparent. It seemed like half their guys shot wide, and the other half shot it into the center of the goalie. It was painful to watch, like a parade of Andrew Peterses.

I'd say, in addition to their pylon defense, they have a bunch of 3rd and 4th line forwards, except they don't hit.

The whole Philly team is in a huge slump right now. As previously stated, their defensemen are pylons, their goaltending is so-so at best and their forwards aren't getting it done either.

In short, this is a team that flat out blows in every respect, Forsberg or no Forsberg.

Archived