anyone watching the game TONIGHT??

Corp000085

like marino 99, favre 2006, art shell 2006, mario 05, mohammed ali 1980, etc. etc. etc. the 2006 philadelphia cryers take on the tampa bay lightning in a battle of speed vs. the friggin flyers. i'm going to watch and laugh as they hopefully fall closer to the bottom. Remember, its always getting darker before its pitch black. go lightning.

update: peter forsberg was checked into the boards and his left wrist went backwards into the glass... clean hit, but it looked pretty devistating. stay tuned for an official injury update.

Update II: sprained, not broken as per TSN announcers...

like marino 99, favre 2006, art shell 2006, mario 05, mohammed ali 1980, etc. etc. etc. the 2006 philadelphia cryers take on the tampa bay lightning in a battle of speed vs. the friggin flyers. i'm going to watch and laugh as they hopefully fall closer to the bottom. Remember, its always getting darker before its pitch black. go lightning.

I'll probably watch some of it. But I have to say, TB looks pretty bad. This could be a good game.

ok, if the lightning and flyers are "below average" teams, you'd think they'd be evenly matched up... They are... The lightning are looking like the sabres though. they're swarming, outskating, and outhitting. They're also 10x slower than the sabres... folks, watch another nhl game that does not have the sabres in it... you'll realize just how dominant our team is. by the way, if the lightning get a couple on the board tonight, clarke and kangaroo won't even make it out of florida...

if tampa wasn't awful, it would be 9-0 right now, just like tuesday...

i'm conversing with myself here, but its 1-0 tampa on a nice swarming play... now we shall see if the cryers will wilt.

you know, if they lose this game bad, i might actually feel sorry for them. maybe

ok, this game is boring... i've looked up about 4000 times. 2 times when the lightning apparently scored, 3997 times for when the TSN guys brought up the buffalo sabres, and 1 time when doug janik apparently "came out of the bench for the sabres" as quoted by the announcer. BTW, its 2-0 lightning after 2.

in all seriousness though, the flyers are playing like hitch and/or clarke are already gone. the lightning are playing slightly better... and if the sabres are the gold standard, these two teams are about 2 and a half leagues below the sabres. missed hits, bad rebounds, slow footed rushes, and zero tape to tape passes. this is one bad hockey game, but again, i'm watching to see the final death march of the flyers. (in october at least... i'm sure some troll will bring this up if the flyers happen to turn it around)

I also "broke down" tonight around 6:55 and got Center Ice....I couldn't help it. I was going to try to go without it this year so I could be more productive school-wise in the evening but I can't bear not possessing the ability to watch virtually every hockey game at will.

And yeah, that philly game was totally boring, as was every other game, even the Colorado-Ottawa game.

I can't believe Ottawa has actually changed its playing style to be more defensive because of the Sabres (after the 7-6 game according to that ottawa article). The Flyers are doing an overhaul because of us as well. The Sabres are the IT team.....it's so great. :D

Archived