Captains? Assistant Captains?

JCBoston

OK, now I'm really confused. I thought both Drury and Briere were "co-captains", and both wore the "C". Do they switch between the A and C every game? Does Briere wear the C at home and Drury on the road?

In this picture from Friday's game, Drury wears a "C" while Briere wears the "A". You've got to look closely at Briere, but it clearly is an A:

#48 wears A, #23 wears C

But in this picture, Drury wears an "A":

#23 with an A

and here, Briere with the "C":

#48 with a C

(btw... look at the URL for these pictures and take a look at the name of the URL parameter :P )

OK, now I'm really confused. I thought both Drury and Briere were "co-captains", and both wore the "C". Do they switch between the A and C every game? Does Briere wear the C at home and Drury on the road?

In this picture from Friday's game, Drury wears a "C" while Briere wears the "A". You've got to look closely at Briere, but it clearly is an A:

#48 wears A, #23 wears C

But in this picture, Drury wears an "A":

#23 with an A

and here, Briere with the "C":

#48 with a C

(btw... look at the URL for these pictures and take a look at the name of the URL parameter :P )

They are Co-Captains just like last year. They alternate every other game. Tonight Briere wore the C, Drury the A. Teppo has the other A.

They are Co-Captains just like last year. They alternate every other game. Tonight Briere wore the C, Drury the A. Teppo has the other A.

They alternate almost every game. Briere appears to get the "C" for all Habs games and Drury gets it for all B's games. I'd expect they'd change the rotation for a Colorado or Phoenix game as well, but don't know that for certain.

Somewhere on the website there was an article that said briere for all Montreal games, and in Ottawa. Drury for all Boston games.

I had actually thought that Drury got the C for the Rangers games as well, since that was his team growing up in Trumbull (notwithstanding that he played at BU), but maybe it's just that he only wears the C at the Garden, the way Briere sometimes wears an A against the Sens here but always gets the C in Ottawa.

Archived