Tropical Depression Watch

X. Benedict

I liked this little gem. Self-doubt is beginning to creep into the

Carolina dressing room. Take a look at this little bit about

Hedican and K. Adams getting into a fight in practice

Luke Decocks sez Canes unhappy

I just have a satisfied feeling that their home opener may have a little to do with this. ;)

...and they still have their names on the Stanley Cup.

...and they still have their names on the Stanley Cup.

And they're still standing in the Sabres way this year, so anything that takes them down a few pegs is good for Buffalo.

Both teams that finished ahead of the Sabres in the Eastern Conference are walking wounded right now (thanks in large part to home losses to Buffalo). I wouldn't mind seeing Ottawa and Carolina sleep walk through the first month or so of the season. It could mean home ice in the playoffs.

Actually, of their most current lineup I think 9 of them did not get their name on the cup.

John Graham's name is on the cup, but not with Carolina.

Semantics Eggs, semantics.

Is the fallback remark always going to be "Yeah, well, they have their names on the cup?" Are you trying to humble us or motivate us?

That's ancient history as far as I'm concerned. Upward and onward.

Sorry, just a little bitter still. Make that very bitter. I'll move onward when we move upward.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ottawa and Carolina sleep walk through the first month or so of the season. It could mean home ice in the playoffs.

I think both teams will struggle for different reasons. Ottawa has lost it's swagger from last year. They absolutely terrorized teams in the offensive zone last year, this year they look terrified.

Carolina will suffer from a Cup "hangover". Guys like Staal don't seem all that mentally tough.

Archived