Sellout tonight?

Monkeygirl

From today's Buffalo news...

For all the Sabres fans who took gleeful jabs at the Hurricanes' inability to sell out some of their playoff games, consider this: The Hurricanes sold out their home opener against the Sabres before tickets went on sale to the general public, giving them a standing-room only crowd of 18,840.

The Sabres, as of Thursday afternoon, still had several hundred tickets available for tonight's home opener against the Montreal Canadiens. The Sabres classified it a "gold game" in their variable ticket-pricing structure, meaning seats cost a premium.

I have issues with this assessment for a number of reasons:

1) The Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. This of course brings "hockey fans" out of the wood work and makes everyone take notice and get in on the success....

2) Bills season is upon us and there is a game this Sunday so people have limited income to spend in one weekend....

3) A couple of hundred tickets....of course they are all but gone by now and if they aren't, they will be as people buy at the walk-up window...because not everyone has money for season tix especially in our grand ole' city...

4) It's a gold game which is questionable since I believe none of the games against Montreal were gold level last year, but of course it's only gold because it's opening night and Montreal fans usually make it down in droves....

5) They sold more than double the number of season tickets this year than last year and unless we win the Stanley Cup...there will almost always surely be tickets available to walk-up fans, which is how they'd like it anyways.

6) This whole discussion is mute since it will be a sellout

Anyways, at least it's not the NY Islanders...that surely contributed to the thousands of empty seats last season. That and the uncertainty of the what the season would bring.....

PS Hockey is so much better than any sport out there, even ::gasp:: soccer. I'd trade all of Brazil's world cup wins for a Stanley Cup....fo' sho' (Don't let any Brazilian know that) :ph34r:

Hockey is so much better than any sport out there, even ::gasp:: soccer. I'd trade all of Brazil's world cup wins for a Stanley Cup....fo' sho' (Don't let any Brazilian know that) :ph34r:

Do you realize what they do to people like you in Brazil? You might have to enter the witness protection program.

Hey girl. With all these smelly men around here, it's nice to see you. You should post more!

Archived