Barry Melrose

westbay10

the other night, after the game, i was watching the 11 p.m. sportscenter where barry melrose stated everything went well for the sabres and the night for hockey in general except for the sabres uniforms. and that "not even a good looking guy like danny briere could make them look good." john bucigross, during that same segment later on said he hopes the sabres wear the throwback on friday for the homeopener and after game there after.

if that wasn't enough... later on, during one of the later sportscenters, they had barry teamed up with steve levy, and at the end of the segment they were laughing and both stated the sabres had the worst jerseys in the league.

side note: barry was wearing a pinstriped lavender suit. so i don't think he's one to talk. but i had to laugh because for once i actually agree with him. he also picked the sabres to come out of the east.

Did he knock the logo or the colors? I thought I heard a clip of him saying the colors looked like "Burger King" colors or something. "Not hockey colors." He called the blue "purple" I think.

He called them the worst uniforms in hockey to set up the fact he was

wearing a pink jacket and pepe-le-peu mullet.

He called them the worst uniforms in hockey to set up the fact he was

wearing a pink jacket and pepe-le-peu mullet.

His appearance aside, he's absolutely right. The new unis suck and are a disgrace. Too bad management couldn't listen to the majority of fans who wanted a more traditional look.

the other night, after the game, i was watching the 11 p.m. sportscenter where barry melrose stated everything went well for the sabres and the night for hockey in general except for the sabres uniforms. and that "not even a good looking guy like danny briere could make them look good." john bucigross, during that same segment later on said he hopes the sabres wear the throwback on friday for the homeopener and after game there after.

if that wasn't enough... later on, during one of the later sportscenters, they had barry teamed up with steve levy, and at the end of the segment they were laughing and both stated the sabres had the worst jerseys in the league.

side note: barry was wearing a pinstriped lavender suit. so i don't think he's one to talk. but i had to laugh because for once i actually agree with him. he also picked the sabres to come out of the east.

Only comment from canes fans this week has been man those Unis are ugly. I agree maybe the slug just needs to be oversized like the hurricane is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only comment from canes fans this week has been man those Unis are ugly. I agree maybe the slug just needs to be oversized like the hurricane is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone (from Raleigh) over at sportslogos.net posted this:

I wasn't fast enough to get a picture but during the 3rd period the Canes jumbotron had a graphic saying:

Contrary to popular belief the sabres new logo is not a banana slug!"

Then yesterday morning on the radio John Forslund said the unis were the worst he ever saw.

So there's another gold star for Larry Quinn's "guerilla marketing campaign." The term "banana slug" has caught on in other parts of the country. Love to hear Mike Schoop distort this into a compliment for the team.

Someone (from Raleigh) over at sportslogos.net posted this:

So there's another gold star for Larry Quinn's "guerilla marketing campaign." The term "banana slug" has caught on in other parts of the country. Love to hear Mike Schoop distort this into a compliment for the team.

Who cares what the Hurricanes have to say about our uniform? Their fans should be more concerned about this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2006100407

Archived