Carolina...You just got slugged!!!!

Rabbit151

:D heh heh heh.... good one.

that would actually make a very funny crowd chant after a goal at HSBC.

they could announce who scored like always, then the announcer could say something like:

"HEY TORONTO!...."

and then the 13000 Sabre fans who managed to get tickets could all scream as one:

"YOU GOT SLUGGED!"

i don't know why, but I would find that amusing... :P

If this caught on, that would be funny as hell.

Lets make a point of getting it to catch on... id find that HILARIOUS... this is something larry quinn wouldn't be able to hide... it would show him that even the masses have accepted this logo as a slug...

IF the crowd consistently chanted you got slugged, that would piss of LQ to no end.

It would show the logo up huge and would have a cult following until they got rid of the logo.

I can't cheer that loud from the West Coast of Canada, so make sure you all get on it.

I'm starting this chant next game. That may be the funniest thing I've heard. The best part is we beat the opposing fans to the punch. You know they are just drooling to use the slug against us. SLUG POWER!!!

This dude in the section next to ours at the RBC Center used to pass out pieces of paper to people in his section with pretty creative cheers. Just a thought on how to orchestrate it... I hope the "You got Slugged!" cheer catches on. :D

Glad you guys like it. Just think about it, of all the absurd logos or animals, reptiles, birds, that teams have come up with as their symbol, has there been anything more absurd than a slug?

It's a testament to the resiliency of the Buffalo spirit, and the Sabre fans spirit, if we were able to take such a controversial and divisive thing, and instead, turn it into a rallying point. Imagine, Penguins, Panthers, Thrashers, Sharks, Predators, Coyotes, Bruins(bears), Devils....all having their kicked by a lowly, unassuming slug.

BTW, I'm patiently waiting for my buddy at Jersey City here in Regina to call and tell me when the new Sabre jerseys have arrived. Sometime next week he figures. I'm getting that white one, slug and all. I already have the old ones, home and away, the even older ones, home and away and the red 3rd jersey.

I'm starting this chant next game. That may be the funniest thing I've heard. The best part is we beat the opposing fans to the punch. You know they are just drooling to use the slug against us. SLUG POWER!!!

El Crusho needs the Slug Power Sign!!

We also need Sensory Tenacles to wear on our heads. (kinda like the cheeseheads in Greenbay)

Hey I know what you could wear for head-gear. Get those idiotic helmets the short-track cyclists wear in the olympics (I'd attach a pic, but I'm computer illiterate). They are round up front and tail off into a....well, a tail. I think some of them actually come in yellow. Just attach a couple of antennae, and away you go.

There's another ironic juxtaposition. Those cycling helmets are specially designed for speed, and yet they can be manipulated into a creature that is excrutiatingly slow. I like it. I wish I lived in Buffalo, I'd drink a beer or two and wear one for sure!

OK, I just tried to see some photos of short-track cycling, but they seem to have fully rounded helmets. I know I've seen the tail ones somewhere...can anyone refresh my memory. I know I thought they looked ridiculous. Maybe I can't remember the exact sport, because to even watch one of those moronic, little-known Olympic sports, a guy pretty much has to be drunk.

I've got the wall behind my seats, so I WILL make a Slug Power sign. It may not be until the Rangers game next week, because I split my seasons and opted for the next CAR game rather than the opener.

BUT IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!

Haha, that actually wouldn't be a bad chant.

"YOU GOT SLUGGED! YOU GOT SLUGGED! YOU GOT SLUGGED!"

Someone who attended the Montreal game, please tell me if I am crazy. About 5 to 5:30 into the third there was a repetative chant going that sounded to me like, "YOU! GOT! SLUGGED!"

Did someone actually get that started? If not, what was the chant?

Someone who attended the Montreal game, please tell me if I am crazy. About 5 to 5:30 into the third there was a repetative chant going that sounded to me like, "YOU! GOT! SLUGGED!"

Did someone actually get that started? If not, what was the chant?

The place was nuts after the refs got stupid in the 3rd. I heard a bunch of chants around the arena that I couldn't make out from where I was sitting.

It's definitely possible there was a slug chant tonight.

Its official. The Hurricanes bandwagon has broken down.

On a serious note. How GAY is it they had ANOTHER ceremony tonight to celebrate the Cup? Cheesy.

There's nothing heterosexual about having two ceremonies for the Cup.

But it is awesome that they ended up losing both games. Serves them right.

Archived