New Door?!

topshelfcookies

The scoreboard....You mean 1001975jd8.th.jpgThis

Wow, that slug is larger than life...

BTW, quick question - why does the slug...err buffalo appear to have two different color horns? One is white, the other is yellow? I honestly didn't notice that until I saw it brought up on another message board...

BTW, quick question - why does the slug...err buffalo appear to have two different color horns? One is white, the other is yellow? I honestly didn't notice that until I saw it brought up on another message board...

Look again and I think you will see there is only one horn. It is white and has silver highlights. Also, the head is a profile, not 3/4 view as far as I can see. The second "horn" is different shaped, colored and placed. It also has nothing to distinguish it from the head to show it as being behind the head. Therefore, as Mr Homes said often, "If you eliminate all the possibilities, the only thing left, despite it's improbability, has to be the solution." In other words, it's not a horn, but rather a tuft of mane flowing backward to indicate speed.

Just another reaason to dislike the logo.

Hahah apparently the inside of the horn is yellow while the outside of the horn is white? That's almost as dumb as having a centre ice slug different from the one of the jersey.... :huh:

Is that a new 4 sided scoreboard?
First, I haven't been to Sabres game since I came back for a visit in 1982 at The Aud, so I keep up over all these years watching on TV.

I thought I had read year's back that the HSBC Arena scoreboard is modeled after the old Blue & Gold scoreboard from the Aud days.....no?? I also recall that the scoreboard fell sometime around when HSBC was opened or soon to be opened? Someone tell the story of the scoreboard, thanks. :)

First, I haven't been to Sabres game since I came back for a visit in 1982 at The Aud, so I keep up over all these years watching on TV.

I thought I had read year's back that the HSBC Arena scoreboard is modeled after the old Blue & Gold scoreboard from the Aud days.....no?? I also recall that the scoreboard fell sometime around when HSBC was opened or soon to be opened? Someone tell the story of the scoreboard, thanks. :)

I don't know if I ever saw the pre-fall scoreboard, but the one they've had since then was 8 sided. 4 sides were tv/jumbotron screen, the other 4 were ugly matrix boards. That picture made it look like they now have a 4 sided board, with just the tv screens.

Here is a little Wiki blurb on it, with a pic of the fallen board.

Archived