Great Article On Nathan Paetsch Today

bob_sauve28

We do seem pretty well stocked on D. If there is a concern, it's up front. We've lost 3 of our regular forwards from last year -- and they took a lot of our size up front with them. That number increases to 4 if Connolly stays out. Also, Drury and Briere are both UFAs after this season. I hate to say it, but there is a real possibility that all 3 will not be on the team next year. Losing any of these guys would be a major loss. Losing 2 or 3 would be brutal.

Sorry about the dose of negativity. I am extremely psyched for this season, and I think the odds favor at least 2 of the 3 staying with us long term. If that happens and if Miller stays solid, since our defense is talented, deep and committed for a while, we will be contenders for the foreseeable future.

We do seem pretty well stocked on D. If there is a concern, it's up front. We've lost 3 of our regular forwards from last year -- and they took a lot of our size up front with them. That number increases to 4 if Connolly stays out. Also, Drury and Briere are both UFAs after this season. I hate to say it, but there is a real possibility that all 3 will not be on the team next year. Losing any of these guys would be a major loss. Losing 2 or 3 would be brutal.

Sorry about the dose of negativity. I am extremely psyched for this season, and I think the odds favor at least 2 of the 3 staying with us long term. If that happens and if Miller stays solid, since our defense is talented, deep and committed for a while, we will be contenders for the foreseeable future.

Brier only signed a one year deal? I didn't know that. Drury I figure was leaving when Greer didn't sign a deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out west, too

I think we have young forwards ready to step up, Paille, MacCarthur and Novotny............Thats how the Sabres can stay in the hunt, not sticking with older players that can be replaced by a younger faster player..........Of course a good balance needs to be struck, but I think we will have a good mix of young players stepping up this year........ B-)

Archived