Where have you gone Artem Kriukov?

inkman

I would like to know if the Sabres have officially cut ties with this guy or not. He was still listed among the prospects on the Sabres website as of this past season. That said they haven't updated that roster in forever.

While I understand that the NHL draft is much more of a crap shoot than any other pro draft (except maybe the MLB draft), a player drafted 15th overall should at least be able to contribute on at least an AHL level at some point. Has he even ever been to a training camp?

I guess the Sabres' scouts dropped the ball in 2000 on that one when you look at other players we could have drafted instead such as Alexei Mikhnov or Brooks Orpik (both drafted right after). They aren't game breakers but have shown at least some potential. Then you have goalie Ilja Bryzgalov, who was drafted in the 2nd round of that draft. Oh well, what can ya do.

Link to the 2000 draft order: http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0856305.html

While I understand that the NHL draft is much more of a crap shoot than any other pro draft (except maybe the MLB draft), a player drafted 15th overall should at least be able to contribute on at least an AHL level at some point. Has he even ever been to a training camp?

Out of pure boredom, I decided to look through a bunch of drafts. Going back to 1987, only 3 players have amounted to anything (Sakic, Kovalev, Zubrus). Yeah, that's a nice group, but the others had some pretty ugly numbers. It just goes to show you exactly how much of a crap shoot the draft really is.

I would like to know if the Sabres have officially cut ties with this guy or not. He was still listed among the prospects on the Sabres website as of this past season. That said they haven't updated that roster in forever.

Link to the 2000 draft order: http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0856305.html

Missing the Action

The following players will not be attending the 2006 Buffalo Sabres Training Camp:

D Dennis Persson (Djurgarden ? SEL)

G Jhonas Enroth (Sodertalje ? SEL)

W Philip Gogulla (Kolner Haie ? DEL)

D Vjacheslav Buravchikov (RSL)

D Chris Butler (Denver ? NCAA)

D Alex Biega (Harvard ? NCAA)

W Tim Kennedy (Michigan State ? NCAA)

W Nathan Gerbe (Boston College ? NCAA)

W Andrew Orpik (Boston College ? NCAA)

W Matt Generous (St. Lawrence ? NCAA)

D Thomas Morrow (Boston University ? NCAA)

D Dennis Ezhov (Traktor Chelyabinsk - RSL)

C Maxim Shevjev (Rus. High League)

C Artem Kriukov (Vityaz Podolsk Chekov - RSL) *graduated prospect

Archived