Some new NHL rules

Eleven

Buried in the discussion over DiPietro's love of the Wang and Clarke's attempt to screw with Vancouver, is this little BIG ITEM.

One huge rule change allows a 50% bigger stick curve than last year. I now want to see a Kotalik slapper at least once every shift.

Then, there's the amended diving rule. It has the potential to be unfairly applied against teams with smaller players. Let's hope it isn't.

Buried in the discussion over DiPietro's love of the Wang and Clarke's attempt to screw with Vancouver, is this little BIG ITEM.

One huge rule change allows a 50% bigger stick curve than last year. I now want to see a Kotalik slapper at least once every shift.

Then, there's the amended diving rule. It has the potential to be unfairly applied against teams with smaller players. Let's hope it isn't.

I think that's great they allow them to curve their stick more. That rule seems pretty silly to me

I dunno, since according to the Philadelphia Flyers and their fans the Sabres are nothing but a bunch of "divers." <_< It seems like the refs listened to all the BS people like Nick Boynton and then the flyers players were saying about us and called more diving on our guys. The tweak to the rules doesnt bode well for Buffalo if that carries over to this season

I dunno, since according to the Philadelphia Flyers and their fans the Sabres are nothing but a bunch of "divers." <_< It seems like the refs listened to all the BS people like Nick Boynton and then the flyers players were saying about us and called more diving on our guys. The tweak to the rules doesnt bode well for Buffalo if that carries over to this season

Yeah, I think Boynton is still struggling to grasp the concept that if you trip someone with your stick, they might fall down.

It is kind of funny that the Sabres got the reputation has divers after watching Eric Staal during the playoffs.

Archived