NHL 07

hopeleslyobvious

Anyone else get NHL 07? What do you think so far? I like the gameplay, although the skill stick is taking some getting used to. I don't like that there is not a player editor. As we've discussed in other threads, I don't know who ranked these players because a lot of them are way off.

Finally, anyone else notice who the best teams overall were?

I'm sorry, but if the Sabres, Sens and Canes (among others) are 85's overall, the Bruins are not an 86. They had a good off season, but not that good.

I picked it up for the PC... I also like the game play and am still getting used to the skill stick. (kinda hard to try to use speed burst and end up winding up for a slapshot). And then I started a dynasty and decided to see how that would playout.... and what do I get treated to????.... Carolina raising the banner on opening night... That just pissed me the hell off

I picked it up for the PC... I also like the game play and am still getting used to the skill stick. (kinda hard to try to use speed burst and end up winding up for a slapshot). And then I started a dynasty and decided to see how that would playout.... and what do I get treated to????.... Carolina raising the banner on opening night... That just pissed me the hell off

Well, at least the game is semi-realistic.

I D/L'ed the demos for both this and 2K7 for the 360, and put both games on the top of my GameFly GameQ. Well, I liked the NHL 07 demo better, but forgot to take 2K7 off my list, and that is the one they are sending me first, so I will have to wait a bit longer to get this.

So, you guys are digging the right stick control? It was hard to get a real feel for how it would work in a game based on the XBOX 360's Shootout demo, but I liked it. Does the right stick control add anything to the game, or is it gimmicky?

I like the 2K hockey series, but the new demo didn't feel like enough of a departure from the series to get really excited about it. I really wanted to try NHL 07 out to give the new controls a go. This sucks that I have to wait now. I'll probably just end up going out to buy it if it is good enough.

I D/L'ed the demos for both this and 2K7 for the 360, and put both games on the top of my GameFly GameQ. Well, I liked the NHL 07 demo better, but forgot to take 2K7 off my list, and that is the one they are sending me first, so I will have to wait a bit longer to get this.

So, you guys are digging the right stick control? It was hard to get a real feel for how it would work in a game based on the XBOX 360's Shootout demo, but I liked it. Does the right stick control add anything to the game, or is it gimmicky?

I like the 2K hockey series, but the new demo didn't feel like enough of a departure from the series to get really excited about it. I really wanted to try NHL 07 out to give the new controls a go. This sucks that I have to wait now. I'll probably just end up going out to buy it if it is good enough.

I am still getting used to the skill stick, and my offensive numbers reflect that. However, I really like the one touch passing. If you make a pass, and hold down the pass button, and aim in a new direction, the player will make a one touch pass. Makes for a really fast transition game.

Defensively, I am still getting used to not being able to speed burst when I line up a guy to hit him, and Miller has won me a lot of games.

When was this released? I was at Best Buy yesterday picking up a couple dvds and didn't see this while wondering around the video game section.

When I was at Best Buy I had to look pretty hard for it. In fact I had to ask for a copy for PSP since they didn't even have them out on display (yes, I bought 2 different versions of the game).

Can you guys confirm that the Sabres new blue and gold color scheme is NOT in the game?

Anyone know if EA will offer a patch later this season or downloadable upgrade?

The Sabres are in Red and Black in the game. In the 360 version, you can wear the red and black home and away, and the throwback blue as the 3rd jersey. In the PSP version, you can wear the red and black home, away, 3rd jersey, and the throwbacks in white or blue.

I don't know for sure, but I don't see any reason why EA wouldn't offer a patch.

I was playing the Shootout demo again last night, and despite getting 2K7 in the mail from GameFly today or tomorrow, I may play it one night and send it right back for this one.

I really dig the use of the right stick, but I really need to see how it works in the game and not just during the shootout. The stick definitely provides those "I gotta' see the replay on that" moments. Nearly every time I score, I have to watch the move again in replay. There is definitely a distinct thrill to shooting and scoring with the right stick.

For those of you playing on the PC, I found a couple people over at doubleminorhockey.net who are working on a Sabres jersey update, one of which will be released in the next few days. Here's a link to one of the WIPs Sabres Jersey WIP Please note that you have to be a member to download it when it comes out and maybe even to see the picture of it.

Ok, i have a technical question for the PC version:

So, i bought the thing at easports.com, downloaded the ea downloader, installed and ran the ea downloader, then i was given an option to download the nhl07 game. I downloaded it and when it was finished downloading and "installing", i went into the directory (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache) and found the dvd image... I copied all the files to a seperate location and burned them to a dvd. the autorun worked and it opened up, however i did not install it from the dvd, i installed it from the eadownloader thing... Now, my game operates in conjunction with ea downloader, and if the eadownloader is uninstalled, the nhl07 program won't work... Here's the deal... Not that i'd attempt to install the nhl07 dvd i made on my laptop or anything (i just like to have hard copy backups, hint hint...), but would installing the program from the dvd require me to insert the dvd every time i ran it, or would it work without the dvd, as it does with the eadownloader? If this computer crashes and i have to install it on my laptop (1 copy, 1 machine, right?) can i install the dvd, or copy the files to my HDD, install it from there, and also install the eadownloader if i had to?

Basically, i'm attempting to get rid of that eadownloader, because it seems like bloat, but also run the thing without a dvd

oh yeah, the gameplay is pretty sick, by the way...

I'm so glad i got the PC version. The graphics aren't too crazy to use all the processing power and the gameplay is much improved over the 2004 version.

I'm still getting used to my controller though. i have a thrustmaster firestorm and the controls are totally different than a ps2 controller. I'm 1-0 in my dynasty too... i beat the canes on banner night there 5 or 6-2. I'm playing on the mid level difficulty... Still getting used to controlling puck movement and shot accuracy though. The gameplay is super realistic... By the way, if anyone else has the pc version, PM me, or send me an instant message so we can get a game going tonight or tomorrow... all my contact info is in my profile

I see that elcrusho is in the middle of downloading the pc version... we've gotta play sometime soon before we get too good at it...

Archived