Never thought I'd live to see this...

Barnabov

And we're the only ones over the salary cap (counting Connolly's salary)!

Again, whoever updates this site tracking NHL salaries is doing a great job:

http://www3.telus.net/public/dreyes/nhl/

They've already put Miller's deal into the spreadsheet and IMO it's very understandable (makes you understand the Cap Hit being the average of the deal versus actual salaries and why you can't end-load contracts anymore).

I would like a healthy Connolly but until Biron is moved, we are lucky he's on Injured Reserve (which in my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong, means his salary doesn't count against the cap for now).

Anyway, what a crazy, crazy scenario. I think Briere's award really skewed Ownership/Management's plans for a modest increase from the $29 million budget of last year. Briere better earn the $5 mil - we need it!

Let me try to correct myself before the hammer comes down - I think we have the highest average of contracts (06/07 cap hit) not necessarily the highest 06/07 dollars paid (I didn't look but surely NJD or someone else with shorter contract durations is paying out more this year).

Let me try to correct myself before the hammer comes down - I think we have the highest average of contracts (06/07 cap hit) not necessarily the highest 06/07 dollars paid (I didn't look but surely NJD or someone else with shorter contract durations is paying out more this year).

OK - excuse for not knowing how the board works - I didn't realize when you hit "add reply" it tacks on to your original message so I posted my 2nd comment twice

What can I say - the week after vacation is always a bit blurry

And we're the only ones over the salary cap (counting Connolly's salary)!

Again, whoever updates this site tracking NHL salaries is doing a great job:

http://www3.telus.net/public/dreyes/nhl/

They've already put Miller's deal into the spreadsheet and IMO it's very understandable (makes you understand the Cap Hit being the average of the deal versus actual salaries and why you can't end-load contracts anymore).

I would like a healthy Connolly but until Biron is moved, we are lucky he's on Injured Reserve (which in my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong, means his salary doesn't count against the cap for now).

Anyway, what a crazy, crazy scenario. I think Briere's award really skewed Ownership/Management's plans for a modest increase from the $29 million budget of last year. Briere better earn the $5 mil - we need it!

OK - excuse for not knowing how the board works - I didn't realize when you hit "add reply" it tacks on to your original message so I posted my 2nd comment twice

What can I say - the week after vacation is always a bit blurry

NJ has a higher payroll than the Sabres. They have a couple of injuries that don't count against the cap, and they only have 4 healthy defensemen signed right now. At least we're slightly over with a full roster.

NJ has a higher payroll than the Sabres. They have a couple of injuries that don't count against the cap, and they only have 4 healthy defensemen signed right now. At least we're slightly over with a full roster.

New Jersey's figures also don't take into account that they're still paying those 2 injured players and McGillis.

I was talking about cap payroll only. They are going to have to give up a lot more to stay under the cap then we will, and yet they still get good offseason grades...

They won't get good offseason grades unless they somehow find a way to keep Gomez, Gionta, and Martin. If they lose any of them (which you would think is fairly likely), I can't see any decent writer giving them a positive review.

They won't get good offseason grades unless they somehow find a way to keep Gomez, Gionta, and Martin. If they lose any of them (which you would think is fairly likely), I can't see any decent writer giving them a positive review.

They won't get good offseason grades unless they somehow find a way to keep Gomez, Gionta, and Martin, unless the grader is a MORON like Wes Goldstein.

Anyone else remember THIS thread?

This Wile E. Coyote Supragenius gave the Devils an A+ and the Sabres a C for offseason moves ON JULY 6! (Where's the doh smiley when you need it?) What an ignoramous, what an ultramaroon.

This Wile E. Coyote Supragenius gave the Devils an A+ and the Sabres a C for offseason moves ON JULY 6! (Where's the doh smiley when you need it?) What an ignoramous, what an ultramaroon.

Lamerillo (yeah, I can't spell) gets the Bellichek treatment. It's that simple. The man is not capable of making a mistake. :rolleyes:

Lamerillo (yeah, I can't spell) gets the Bellichek treatment. It's that simple. The man is not capable of making a mistake. :rolleyes:

You should have heard the Devils fans calling in on XM last week. I think a lot of people think he was a genius because of what he did with a big budget. It's funny to see how much he is struggling with the salary cap. He has definately made some questionable moves since the lockout...

You should have heard the Devils fans calling in on XM last week. I think a lot of people think he was a genius because of what he did with a big budged. It's funny to see how much he is struggling with the salary cap. He has definately made some questionable moves since the lockout...

Exactly. No GM in the league could save them from the problems they had going into this offseason. At this point, they're probably best off if they try to unload Elias, but I doubt that happens. Obviously they're stuck with Mogilny, so there's no way they get rid of that money.

Archived