Question: When is it best to purchase Center Ice?

Barnabov

This will be the 1st year I purchase Center Ice and wondering from you who've bought in the past, is it better to go ahead & order now or wait until the Free Preseason Preview & order then?

For example, I have DirecTv and on their web site now, it's offering the "Special Early Bird Offer" of "only 4 payments of $37.25" , a $20 savings off the regular season price. So that's $149 versus $169 and the "Offer ends on 10/10/06.

Reason I ask is that I bought the MLB Package this Spring during the free preview period & it was another $20 less than the "Early Period Special" so $40 less than Regular price. I had to call DirecTv and mention the commercial to get the extra savings.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows whether the NHL will make an extra extra special price during the Free Preview - I'm excited to get it ordered but don't want to pay $20 more than I have to.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Anyone know what the renewal rate is? I bought mid-season last year and haven't been billed yet for 06-07. NFL Sunday Ticket had a renewal package with a year free of SI, 24 free PPV movies, and a substantial discount on the entire package.

I'm hoping NHL has at least something in that ball park. If you live outside the Buffalo area, there is no better way to get all the hockey you want/need!

I've had Center Ice going on 4 years now. Minus the lockout of course. Its $129 early bird. Then I think it jumps to $149 during the free preview (i could be wrong). You do not get any renewal rate if you had it last year. They don't care about you, just your money. This is the Las Vegas market on COX Communications Cable.

But look at it this way, pony up the $129 right away and you won't be complaining one bit once they drop the puck. TiVo is a definite must. You can watch a recorded game in about 1 hr and 15 mins. Awesome.

just went onto my direct tv acct and they have me automaticaly signed up for center ice from last year and are charging me $149.

Those Bastards!!

Yeah, the $129 was probably the "welcome back" price. Now they will gouge you for another $20 this year since we are all hooked. Its still worth though if you're a hockey diehard. I love getting Hockey Night In Canada. Man, do I miss Empire Sports Network though.

Archived