Advertising during the Bills - Panthers Game

Taro T

I am really confused about the teams advertising available season tickets during this pathetic excuse for a football game.

The Bills ARE advertising that season tickets are available, but the Sabres AREN'T. Seems to me, the way this game is going, it should be the other way around.

Apparently, its because either A) the Sabres are too cheap to advertise during the game; or B) the Bills' marketing people are so much better and smarter than the Sabres. Take your pick. ;)

Because it was the BILLS Television Network? And its free advertising. And most of the advertising was held for partners with the Bills. The Bills may have not let the Sabres advertise. And I haven't even seen the new season campaign yet Notice they don't advertise Bills season tickets during Sabres games either.

I don't see the big deal.

Because it was the BILLS Television Network? And its free advertising. And most of the advertising was held for partners with the Bills. The Bills may have not let the Sabres advertise. And I haven't even seen the new season campaign yet Notice they don't advertise Bills season tickets during Sabres games either.

I don't see the big deal.

Moral of the story, unless "smilies" are used, people can't tell when someone is joking. :P

Since it appears to have missed terribly, the point I was trying to make was that the Bills were playing so badly when it was their #1's vs the Panthers #1's that no one watching the game was going to develop the desperate urge to buy a ticket, much less 8 of them, to see the Bills this season. :o

BUT the Bills were playing bad enough that people who wanted to watch a competitive team might be disgusted enough with the Bills to go out and buy Sabres tickets. ;)

The ads the Bills run at commercial breaks aren't free advertising, their value is reduced from the fees the Bills get from Channel 7 and 13 and whatever other ones show the game. Tasker talking about season tix IS free advertising, and I will assume that is what you are referring to, and not the commercials. :D

As for the Bills not advertising during Sabres games, if you are correct about it (and you most likely are :) ) there is a very logical reason for that. The Sabres don't start their regular season until the Bills season is 1/4 completed. The timing of an effort to sell SEASON tickets isn't quite a marketer's dream. :rolleyes: Also, if the team did try to advertise Sabres games in May, it's probably a little early for people to get "Bills fever" and would again likely be wasted effort. :huh:

Final word. It wasn't a big deal, it was an (obviously unsucessful) attempt at humor. B-) <_< (Sorry, not sure which is the correct smiley for that sentence. :( Where's the :doh: smiley when you really need it? :lol: )

Actually the Bills definitley did advertise during Sabres games, especially during the playoffs. I remember watching the games on Center Ice and seeing the "Tradition" commercial with Fergy throwing to Jerry Butler and clips from the golden era ... didn't exactly sell the CURRENT team but ... can't blame them.

Actually the Bills definitley did advertise during Sabres games, especially during the playoffs. I remember watching the games on Center Ice and seeing the "Tradition" commercial with Fergy throwing to Jerry Butler and clips from the golden era ... didn't exactly sell the CURRENT team but ... can't blame them.

I knew I saw Bills commercials in the past few months, I just couldn't remember where I saw them. (Getting senile sucks.) Considering that the only TV I watch is pretty much hockey and IASiP, it makes sense that I saw them during Sabres games. That'll teach me to throw a poster a bone. :P :lol:

Archived