Current state of the Aud...

LabattBlue

It's pretty easy to see how Buffalo is so stuck in the past when you have lived elsewhere, I can assure you. It's a shame that our beautiful waterfront has never been taken advantage of in a positive way. Just a big, barren wasteland.

Yes, and the worst part is that the overwhelming majority of people living in this area agree that something needs to be done with the waterfront. However, when it comes down to it, nothing ever gets done in the long run.

I began hearing the phrase "waterfront redevelopment" when I was in high school in the early 70's. My 50th birthday is next month and the waterfront is still nowhere near what it should be.

The Aud is sitting on one of the most valuable pieces of property in the downtown area (or would be if it wasn't Buffalo). If the BassPro/museum project is dead (I think it's on a respirator already), sell some bonds, raise the money it would cost to tear the thing down and sell the property to the highest bidder. Then, let them develop it the way they want to.

-Ed

Archived