Nobody "wins" arbitration

inkman

People are pissing me off, yet again. Why do I have to listen to radio dueche bags telling me who "won" their arbitration? Are these people so stupid that they have turned a legal matter know as a hearing into a contest? Just because a player is "awarded" a salary does not mean that he "won" anything. It is a decision made by a lawyer. Am I the only one that this bothers?

People are pissing me off, yet again. Why do I have to listen to radio dueche bags telling me who "won" their arbitration? Are these people so stupid that they have turned a legal matter know as a hearing into a contest? Just because a player is "awarded" a salary does not mean that he "won" anything. It is a decision made by a lawyer. Am I the only one that this bothers?

I actually heard it on the radio once and gave myself a little giggle, but clearly it bothers you more than I.

The biggest reason why nobody "wins" an arbitration it's because it is, in essense, a pissing contest.

The player will let the arbitrator know why he thinks the organisation are low-balling him, and the organisation will le the arbitrator know why the player isn't good enough to command a certain salary.

This is why arbitration is a bad idea for everyone, because words are said, and the result usually doesn't suit EITHER the player or the organisation.

Archived