Re-Signing Alert: Paul Gaustad

GGM

Good question. I saw that myself and have been looking for a story everywhere. However, given this is Sunday and website administraters/news staffs are at minimal, it is not impossible that the story won't make it to "press" until tomorrow. Judging by the amount over his QO that link shows, I'd say it is a pretty good chance he did.

The $$$ are no surprise. I expect Mair to follow suit. JP & Max along with Briere however...I don't have a clue as to how it will play out except to say that I feel at least one of them(maybe two), will not be with the team this year.

The $$$ are no surprise. I expect Mair to follow suit. JP & Max along with Briere however...I don't have a clue as to how it will play out except to say that I feel at least one of them(maybe two), will not be with the team this year.

Mair they will either let go to arbitration (he won't see much of a raise as a reward) or sign him the morning of his arbitration case. This will get them the maximum time to decide on the other awards handed out to Briere, Afinogenov and DuMont. As it stands now with Mair headed to arbitration, the Sabres have until at least next Monday to decide.

Archived