Daily Eklund update ...

BetweenThePipes00

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2477

Among the highlights:

"Rumors continue to swirl of a three way trade in involving the Sabres, Canucks and Oilers. Many names have been speculated on various websites, but I am still not comfortable enough to say any or some of those names are correct. I am actually hearing some really big names involved, but I need further confirmation from sources closer to the scene to be certain.

The Red Wings are waiting on Biron, according to my sources. I hope this works out for Biron. He could be very dangerous in Motown, and the guy was a great soldier last year for the Sabres. Biron could put the Wings right back in the thick of things in my opinion. There is however "no way" that deal will go down until Miller signs long-term, and the Sabres have other pressing issues right now. I am hearing that they will accept Briere's rulling shortly? Rumors are very strong that Brian Boucher, a really under-rated UFA, could find a home with the Sabres as Miller's backup and mentor. Two USA goalies with great attitudes. "

Boucher would be a fine backup in my opinion ... As for the other stuff, who the hell knows ...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2477

Among the highlights:

"Rumors continue to swirl of a three way trade in involving the Sabres, Canucks and Oilers. Many names have been speculated on various websites, but I am still not comfortable enough to say any or some of those names are correct. I am actually hearing some really big names involved, but I need further confirmation from sources closer to the scene to be certain.

The Red Wings are waiting on Biron, according to my sources. I hope this works out for Biron. He could be very dangerous in Motown, and the guy was a great soldier last year for the Sabres. Biron could put the Wings right back in the thick of things in my opinion. There is however "no way" that deal will go down until Miller signs long-term, and the Sabres have other pressing issues right now. I am hearing that they will accept Briere's rulling shortly? Rumors are very strong that Brian Boucher, a really under-rated UFA, could find a home with the Sabres as Miller's backup and mentor. Two USA goalies with great attitudes. "

Boucher would be a fine backup in my opinion ... As for the other stuff, who the hell knows ...

Does this Ekland fellow have any credibility?

No, not from what I hear

Although, I can see the Sabres holding on to Biron until they resolve Millers contract, but the key is, will the wings keep waiting or make a move to resolvce their goaltending issue sooner? Boucher would not be a bad backup in Buffalo either, but these are all Eklund rumors so who knows.

He does have some credibility in my opinion ... not on trade rumors so much, but so far he has been almost dead on with arbitration award numbers and contract numbers before anyone else. He obviously has legit sources, I just don't believe that every rumor he throws out there is legit and coming from said sources.

As far as trade rumors, he is actually at the top of the list compared to other sources. He always knows which teams are talking trade, unfortunately he usually is not right about the players involved. In his defense though, I think that is a tough thing to nail down because I'm sure there are multiple proposals that happen before a trade actually goes down.

As far as trade rumors, he is actually at the top of the list compared to other sources. He always knows which teams are talking trade, unfortunately he usually is not right about the players involved. In his defense though, I think that is a tough thing to nail down because I'm sure there are multiple proposals that happen before a trade actually goes down.

Everyone in the league is talking trade. I could throw out two random team names and I'd be right.

"Next on Channel 2 News Sports

Blockbuster trade in the works between Nashville and Phoenix

No one in the league cares or is paying attention to it"

Sorry, I just think that if a deal was being proposed between the 2 of them, no one would really care

:lol: - most of the viewing audience would be wondering what sport they were talking about.

Archived