Another one (or two) bites the dust

frisky

Well, for everyone that was saying that as long as we have Jim Benning, our amateur talent evaluation should be okay. Okay...now we don't have him either. So, now that Don Luce and Benning have left the team in like less than a month who is going to step in. And, what happened? Did they PO LQ or something? Or they don't like working for the team? It will be interesting to see how things will develop in the next few years and see how much of an impact their losses will affect us. But by then we may be so poor and struggling just to make money at the cap minimum it won't matter much anyways.

Don't forget, Terry Martin has left the team as well...I can't say I really have a clue as to what all of these guys did...but I also can't say that so much change in the front office, along with the inevitable changes on the ice, have me feeling as smug, and proud, of this franchise as I was at the end of the season. It seemed like the Sabres has smartly, pulled a fast one, so to speak, on the rest of the leauge, and leap frogged there way out of mediocrity, during the long "off-season" that was 2004-05...now it starting to feel like they created one very good chance for themselves to win it all, and, after failing at that, are suffering the consequences.

I watched most of this past season on Center Ice (from DEC-through the playoffs), and no idea that their cap situation was so tenious for this coming season. I also had no idea that there was, what appears to be, so much front office instability. I guess, unlike the NFL, you really have to dig pretty deep to find behind the scenes NHL info...it was kind of nice, for one season, rooting for a good team, without knowing all of this other crap...

OMG. Doug Houda is gone :o

Damn. Golisano is so cheap. Instead of stealing packs of sugar he should have been writing the check to keep Doug Houda a part of this organIzation. :angry:

I can't believe that people are wasting their time talking about Briere, Mckee and trades while something like this goes under the radar. ;) No wonder Grier left.

Say goodbye to our playoff hopes :P

Damn. Golisano is so cheap. Instead of stealing packs of sugar he should have been writing the check to keep Doug Houda a part of this organIzation. :angry:

I can't believe that people are wasting their time talking about Briere, Mckee and trades while something like this goes under the radar. ;) No wonder Grier left.

Benning is a loss man.

Well, seeing as how the majority of the scouting department is leaving, I think there has to be a little bit of concern.

For "Best Use of emoticons": DeLuca67 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't care if Houda goes, but if you don't believe that Luce, Martin & Benning are losses, you're dreaming. Do you think they just pull names out of a hat when drafting and signing free agents and in the case of last year got lucky? <_<

I know, I know...they are going to replace them with some young interns and everything will be fine and dandy...right? :P

I don't care if Houda goes, but if you don't believe that Luce, Martin & Benning are losses, you're dreaming. Do you think they just pull names out of a hat when drafting and signing free agents and in the case of last year got lucky? <_<

I know, I know...they are going to replace them with some young interns and everything will be fine and dandy...right? :P

I honestly don't know the state of professional scouting, or what any of this means for the team.

I did hear a rumour that the organization was pissed at Luce for going into some type of

OHL ownership group without telling the club.

Anyone hear anything like that?

Archived