Future of Tallinder and Lydman after the Spacek signing

LabattBlue

I'm probably going to be scolded for being a wannabe GM, but here goes anyways...

Anyone else feel that Darcy is looking down the road at having to pay Tallinder and Lydman 3+ mil per season and as a preemptive strike, signed Spacek knowing that he will not be able to sign both Tallinder & Lydman.

I don't see the Sabres letting Briere walk away, yet to sign Briere, Tallinder & Lydman with Miller on the horizon, is probably going to be more than Darcy's budget will allow for four pending free agents. Therefore, does he give UFA freedom to one of his top 3 dmen??

I agree ... I think Tallinder is the priority and Lydman is a nice veteran guy but doesn't have a high ceiling like Tallinder does. If he plays at the same level he did this past season he'll probably get big bucks from someone, but I can't help but feel like Tallinder has a ton more upside even though he is just one year younger than Lydman.

I'd hate to quote the man as a legit source, but if I'm not mistaken, Ed Kilgore reported last night that they are negotiating with Lydman on a multi-year deal (I'm guessing another 2 year Campbell signing).

This is why McKee and Grier had to go and why we must trade Marty ASAP -- almost everyone on this team is getting a raise - Darcy is committed to the defensive core of Tallinder, Lydman, Campbell & Spacek -- it'll be interesting to see if we re-sign Numminen after next season, and what we do with Kalinin...

Also, with Novotny, Paille, Zagrapan, Thorburn & Stafford waiting in the wings, I think this will be the last season for some of our more expensive forwards

Archived