Spacek Contract

Casey D

Do you figure Regier offerred McKee something like the 3 years $10 million that Spacek signed for?

Would you rather have McKee for 4 years at $16M or Spacek with his deal? As much as I like McKee, this deal makes a lot more sense to me, especially with all the arbitration eligible guys that need to be paid, and hopefully some of them, e.g. Briere, locked up with longer term deals.

Do you figure Regier offerred McKee something like the 3 years $10 million that Spacek signed for?

Would you rather have McKee for 4 years at $16M or Spacek with his deal? As much as I like McKee, this deal makes a lot more sense to me, especially with all the arbitration eligible guys that need to be paid, and hopefully some of them, e.g. Briere, locked up with longer term deals.

I think that St. Louis overpaid. Actually, I think Spacek fits Buffalo's system better than

McKee. McKee never got the hang of the transition offense.

At the same time McKee gave the Sabres an additional dimension - but I don't think he really had

the legs to skate 25 minutes a night like Spacek can.

The contrat numbers are not the one's that matter folks. Well in the off-season, perhaps. So I'm not complaining that everyone is askin bout that, caz honestly, I'm curious too. But come the season its about stats..... Spacek's best number that I am most pleased with is his +/- of +11. He helps more than he hurts his club. This guy will be a pleasure to call a sabre if all goes right. Go Sabres!

Spacek trumps McKee

In many aspects, but our Defencemen are now lacking a tough hitting do anything to block a shot defencemen........A lot of the things that McKee does do not show up on the stats page, but big hits and shot blocking pump up team mates.........And it seems to me we are now lacking someone like that.............Don't get me wrong I like Spacek, but I can see this being a problem for the Sabres.

Spacek was 10th in the league in blocked shots last season .... certainly not claiming he is as physical as McKee, but he's not Phyllis Housley either.

No need to take shots at Housley, IMHO. Housley wasn't a hitter, but he was an amazing player. If he were young again I'd take him on our team in a heartbeat.

Archived