High Definition on DirecTV Center Ice?

nfreeman

i would say with in the next few years everything will be HD. even if you cant watch hockey in HD its just amazing and definitely worth it.

It seems like a lot of the local broadcast stations are starting to show the games in HD. Hopefully as DirecTV puts up it's new satellites there will be more NHL content in HD. I'm sure they'll be looking at how to charge more for it like they are doing this year with the Sunday ticket.

Is that why the puck leaves the field of view on TV? Because they are shooting the game in letterbox mode? Did anyone else notice how often the play was out of view but the camera never moved? I started to wonder if watching an HD game on normal TV meant losing the puck on the sides of the picture?

PTR

Does anyone know whether DirecTV is showing:

1. the Sabres in hi-def for the games in the Center Ice package?

2. the games on OLN in hi-def?

3. any other useful info on NHL in hi-def via DirecTV?

thanks.

If you have the HD package from D*, you MAY get some games on hi def. I have seen some games listed in the 90s .

Don't know if MSG is doing any games in hi def, but my guess is only when the sabres play a team that has hi def broadcasts, and center ice is carrying that feed, will you see the Sabres in high def.

Hopefully this makes some sence

Archived