Who stays & who goes...

LabattBlue

I know he has value, he is a smart player. If you gave me a choice of who i would keep on the team....Drury and Hect or Pyatt,Kotalik and Kalinin, I would rather keep the last 3, because someone out of that group is going to be a star. Gustaud is Drury Jr., and Hecht is a nice player, but Pyatt will be better than him in the long run. Call me crazy, but the light went on for him Big Time in that series. I would even be willing to wager that Pyatt comes within 10 goals of Drury next year, if not surpass him.

You got to be kidding. Pyatt is universes away from being anywhere near the player that Hecht is. Is this the same Pyatt who scored 3 goals in one regular season game and 3 more in his other 40 regular season games. Is this also the same Pyatt who cored ZERO goals in 14 playoff games.

Don't get me wrong...Pyatt's efforts along the boards were much better down the stretch, but to say he is going to rival Drury and Hecht in terms of scoring is a pipe dream.

There are so many players on this team that really should stay that I will jsut go through the ones who could/should be let go or traded:

Ales Kotalik- The Sabres have Kotalik, Max and Vanek....while it is good to have these three talents for the regular season, we need a differnet type of winger for the playoffs to balance things out.

Rory Fitzpatrick- I give him credit for one thing, he played hard and was thrown into a very difficult situation, but he is just not cutting it.

Free Agency:

If the Sabres are somehow able to retain McKee and Grier, not a lot of needs to go after via FA.

One guy I would love to see the Sabres go after is Pavel Kubina. He can log a ton of minutes, has good size and he is also a good skater and has a good shot. Has playoff experience and has won a Cup.

There are so many players on this team that really should stay that I will jsut go through the ones who could/should be let go or traded:

Ales Kotalik- The Sabres have Kotalik, Max and Vanek....while it is good to have these three talents for the regular season, we need a differnet type of winger for the playoffs to balance things out.

Rory Fitzpatrick- I give him credit for one thing, he played hard and was thrown into a very difficult situation, but he is just not cutting it.

Free Agency:

If the Sabres are somehow able to retain McKee and Grier, not a lot of needs to go after via FA.

One guy I would love to see the Sabres go after is Pavel Kubina. He can log a ton of minutes, has good size and he is also a good skater and has a good shot. Has playoff experience and has won a Cup.

I'd love to see Kubina as well, but THN is predicting that he will get about $4MM/yr (he currently gets over $2.5MM) so I don't see any way he ends up wearing a blue and gold Shatanic Goatheat.

I still would like to see the Sabres make a play for Spacek (unless both Teppo and Jay come back). He will be cheaper than Kubina and would fit in nicely with what the Sabres expect from their D.

Archived