Report from RBC Center

PromoTheRobot

Sabres Alley was in full swing by 3:30pm. My conservative estimate was 1,500 to 2,000 Sabres fans. There were also about as many Raleigh cops! The kept riding their bikes and motorcycles through the crowd about every two minutes to remind any troublemakers they are on the job. Apparently they thought a Hell's Angels convention was in town.

We went into RBC at about 6:30pm to catch the team when they came out for warmups. Several hundred Sabres fans were chanting "Let's Go Buffalo!" non-stop. We also came up with "You Can't Sell Out!" to cheese off the 'Canes fans. Once the Sabres came out, security chased us back to our seats. But apparently, if you are a 'Canes fan, you are allowed to stand along the glass to watch warmups.

RBC Center is a pretty nice building. It's like HSBC, but with an extra club level, so the upper deck seats are in the stratosphere. The food is pretty good too. I had the Carolina BBQ sandwich, and I have to say it was delicious and well worth $6.

The upper deck was full of Sabres fans. I wonder if anyone could hear us chanting? It was "Let's Go BUFF-A-LO!!!" non-stop during the the first two periods. Unfortunately, I chose to sit in the end where the Sabres shot twice, but all 6 goals were scored in the far end.

It was tough watching them lose, especially those who drove all the way from Buffalo. Tough loss, great season. Good to meet Navy Bills Fan and Corp.

PTR

Sabres Alley was in full swing by 3:30pm. My conservative estimate was 1,500 to 2,000 Sabres fans. There were also about as many Raleigh cops! The kept riding their bikes and motorcycles through the crowd about every two minutes to remind any troublemakers they are on the job. Apparently they thought a Hell's Angels convention was in town.

We went into RBC at about 6:30pm to catch the team when they came out for warmups. Several hundred Sabres fans were chanting "Let's Go Buffalo!" non-stop. We also came up with "You Can't Sell Out!" to cheese off the 'Canes fans. Once the Sabres came out, security chased us back to our seats. But apparently, if you are a 'Canes fan, you are allowed to stand along the glass to watch warmups.

RBC Center is a pretty nice building. It's like HSBC, but with an extra club level, so the upper deck seats are in the stratosphere. The food is pretty good too. I had the Carolina BBQ sandwich, and I have to say it was delicious and well worth $6.

The upper deck was full of Sabres fans. I wonder if anyone could hear us chanting? It was "Let's Go BUFF-A-LO!!!" non-stop during the the first two periods. Unfortunately, I chose to sit in the end where the Sabres shot twice, but all 6 goals were scored in the far end.

It was tough watching them lose, especially those who drove all the way from Buffalo. Tough loss, great season. Good to meet Navy Bills Fan and Corp.

PTR

So, it's your fault!!!!! Couldn't you have had more foresight to choose the other end to chase goals away from?!? :angry:

Seriously, thanks for going down there and cheering on the boys. We were 20 minutes away. :(

Archived