Paetsch has nice stats...

Barnabov

Who knows any more about him?

I was just going thru my old hockey mags and happy to see that he was originally 2nd rounder of the Caps in 2001 - 58th overall but didn't sign with them. Sounds better than 7th rounder from 2003 when the Sabres got him.

2003-2004 guide said "he skates very well from the back end and has power-play quarterback potential. He needs more work in his defensive zone coverage and must bulk up." - basically the usual thing they say about most D prospects.

Anyway, besides having tied for 3rd best points total this year in Rochester (11 G, 39 A and +3) - what do you Rochester based fans have to say having seen him on the Amerks?

Personally I hope he's calm to the point of needing to check his pulse - what a nice low pressure way to make his NHL playoff debut!

Nathan made huge strides the last couple of years. He's always had the offense to work with but his stregth and defensive zone work were less than stellar. He has really improved both, become a team leader and sticks up for teammates often.

FWIW, I just heard Nathan on that radio station I am no longer listening to. He sounded very calm and very upbeat. Excited, but not tittering like a school girl by any means. I remember how nervous Doug Janik sounded before his first game. I have a good feeling about Paetsch.

Archived