I'll say it: This sucks

GGM

[rant]

All this community needs is a fresh reason for the nation to get their jollies off making fun of this city's misfortune.

No, the game hasn't been played, and winning it would certainly be a great story, but this city aparently isn't allowed to lose with dignity. There always has to be some gut-wrenching footnote to carry along until the end of time. What's next? Will the Bills' plane crash into HSBC Arena during a Sabres practice on its way to the Super Bowl? Really, that seems to be the next logical step.

I, for one, am going to cheer my brains out tonight for Buffalo. But if we lose in the end, this team is still the 2006 Cup champion and always will be in my eyes.

I don't need some big piece of metal to tell me that the Buffalo Sabres were the best team in this year's playoffs...The rest of the nation can kiss my ass and save the needlessly cruel excuses they use to make other human beings feel bad about their lives.

If they win, I'm happy for them and the city. If they lose, I'm still happy for me.

[/rant]

[rant]

All this community needs is a fresh reason for the nation to get their jollies off making fun of this city's misfortune.

No, the game hasn't been played, and winning it would certainly be a great story, but this city aparently isn't allowed to lose with dignity. There always has to be some gut-wrenching footnote to carry along until the end of time. What's next? Will the Bills' plane crash into HSBC Arena during a Sabres practice on its way to the Super Bowl? Really, that seems to be the next logical step.

I, for one, am going to cheer my brains out tonight for Buffalo. But if we lose in the end, this team is still the 2006 Cup champion and always will be in my eyes.

I don't need some big piece of metal to tell me that the Buffalo Sabres were the best team in this year's playoffs...The rest of the nation can kiss my ass and save the needlessly cruel excuses they use to make other human beings feel bad about their lives.

If they win, I'm happy for them and the city. If they lose, I'm still happy for me.

[/rant]

Bravo - well said

Guest $2donuts

[rant]

[/rant]

Honestly, that's perfect.

It does suck. The ring is right there for the taking, but we have to go after it with a quarter of our team missing. And the quarter that are missing are all high end players.

We will go out tonight with our split squad and do our best, I have no doubt. I hope it's good enough to pull it off.

This team deserves it. IF they do succumb to the injuries and do in fact end their season tonight, I will be so frustrated but also so happy and proud of this team. I've said it all along. I love this team. They never give up. Good luck to them.

It does suck. The ring is right there for the taking, but we have to go after it with a quarter of our team missing. And the quarter that are missing are all high end players.

We will go out tonight with our split squad and do our best, I have no doubt. I hope it's good enough to pull it off.

This team deserves it. IF they do succumb to the injuries and do in fact end their season tonight, I will be so frustrated but also so happy and proud of this team. I've said it all along. I love this team. They never give up. Good luck to them.

It's all gravy for me from here on out.

Ok...I tell myself that, but I still can't catch a deep breath to save my life, I'm so nervous. They need to score at least 5 tonight in my eyes. We've done 5. Maybe tonight's one of the nights that we do it again.

It does suck... Nothing they can do now but go out and give everything they have.. Balls against the wall mentality. I will be there cheering as loud as I can and if they do pull this off, I wouldn'tt want to be a Cane or a Cane fan.. That will be a brutal pill to swallow.

I spent last night re-watching all the playoff games on DVR. We are by far the greatest team in the NHL. F--k the injuries, f--k the refs, f--k the rest.

I'm so proud of this team, so proud of Lindy and I don't see any reason why we can't be doing this year in year out for the next 5-7 years. One of the years, we might actually have a full roster.

But hell, we're still good enough to win now.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!

I spent last night re-watching all the playoff games on DVR. We are by far the greatest team in the NHL. F--k the injuries, f--k the refs, f--k the rest.

I'm so proud of this team, so proud of Lindy and I don't see any reason why we can't be doing this year in year out for the next 5-7 years. One of the years, we might actually have a full roster.

But hell, we're still good enough to win now.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Now that was well said! Bravo!

And yes, fvck everyone!

Go Sabres!

it's just astonishing and unbelievable to me that when we clearly and finally have the best team, the team destined to finally bring buffalo the parade it deserves, another unbelievable twist of bad luck comes along and effs us up the arse yet again.

for the first time in my life i believe there actually is a god, because clearly "it" enjoys screwing with us. "coincidence" could not possible explain it.

and yes: death or glory, i love this team. to all of you going to the game tonight, bless your hearts and let'em hear how proud you are.

Archived