Hockey does not belong below the Mason-Dixon line...

navybillsfan

THOUSANDS of tickets remain guys.....

Not according to the News & Observer...(http://www.newsobserver.com/122/story/445740.html)

"WANNA GO? Good luck, but as of late Wednesday, a few tickets were still available. To try to buy tickets, go through Ticketmaster or the RBC Center box office.

Call (866) 645-2263 for information."

I had no problem finding blocks of 6 & 8 seats together last night, and a quick check this morning shows groups of 8 still available in the 300s...hmmm....

you can go on ticket master right now and buy whole rows!

That's still true now at almost 10 a.m.. 8 tickets together available in section 209. But but but they are $160 a pop. :rolleyes: You can still get the cheapest tickets ($70) in section 313 as well. There are tickets all over the damn place. What an effing disgrace.

I live in Florida and always try to make it over to Tampa when the Sabres play there. I had a message on my machine last night from a guy from the Lightning's ticket office, wanting to discuss my "experience" at the games I attended.

These are the defending Stanley Cup champions for chrissakes, and their fishing for ticket buyers from a pool of people who live out of town and have attended one or two games per season!

This whole national market dream of the NHL is a farce. It's time to stop trying to get blood from a stone. Contract the league and focus on strong regional markets. Put teams back in Quebec and Winnepeg. Take a look at the Portland and Las Vegas markets.

And by the way, the Canes are not a "new" market. They've been in Carolina for 8 or 9 years, and have played in a Cup final. They compare to the Sabres circa 1978, who had no problem selling out the barn, especially in the playoffs. If there was a hockey market there, they should have tapped it by now.

Print this out and send it to the NHL front office.

I live in Florida and always try to make it over to Tampa when the Sabres play there. I had a message on my machine last night from a guy from the Lightning's ticket office, wanting to discuss my "experience" at the games I attended.

These are the defending Stanley Cup champions for chrissakes, and their fishing for ticket buyers from a pool of people who live out of town and have attended one or two games per season!

This whole national market dream of the NHL is a farce. It's time to stop trying to get blood from a stone. Contract the league and focus on strong regional markets. Put teams back in Quebec and Winnepeg. Take a look at the Portland and Las Vegas markets.

And by the way, the Canes are not a "new" market. They've been in Carolina for 8 or 9 years, and have played in a Cup final. They compare to the Sabres circa 1978, who had no problem selling out the barn, especially in the playoffs. If there was a hockey market there, they should have tapped it by now.

Archived