For those who believed.

pommer245

Tomorrow is the first day of June. Tomorrow is June 1st. Tomorrow is a day of opportunity. Of hope. Of passion. Of triumph. As Buffalo sports fans, it is our day. A day for everyone who was a part of the non sold-out crowd at the arena on the 5th of October against the New York Islanders who showed their faith after a painful lockout. Where it all began. For anyone who made the cold drive downtown in January just to escape into some more cold in the arena because you realized something incredible could happen on any given night with this team. Pominville. Gaustad. Roy. Miller. Lydman. Tallinder. For anyone who started to make their wives and kids recognize these names. For anyone who remained optomistic after a 4-1 start turned into a 7-10 one, capped off by two losses in 10 days to Ottawa by a combined score of 16-5. (Remember that?). A day for anyone who knew they'd kick the #%^$#! out of them in the playoffs though, no matter what happened in the regular season, and who was confident that the Philadelphia series was over the moment when Umberger put his head down and Campbell put his whole body down. A day for anyone who believed after the screwjob of game 6 of the ECF's and still believes that game 7 can easily be won in Carolina, whose "great hockey fans" haven't even sold out one of the biggest hockey games in years yet. That is not a home-ice advantage. Not compared to ours. For everyone who makes HSBC just that, the greatest advantage. I was there yesterday, and after the "heartbreaking" goal to tie the game at 1 with less than four minutes left and everyone in their crowd was on their feet screaming just as loud for the boys as if they scored, I now realize what that advantage means. For every believer. Let's face it. Other than the Bills choking on 4 Super Bowls or Brett Hull forgetting his skate in the crease when he beat Hasek, this city has not had a better opportunity for that elusive championship and probably will not for a long time. This team just has something special. Period. Something that cannot be explained. Tomorrow, on the first of June, our Buffalo Sabres, our team, will move one step closer to proving every single believer from day one correct and every doubter wrong (Barry Melrose :D . In about 10 hours we will learn if we will be watching this team on Monday and continuing with them on this journey that has became one hell of a ride. Tomorrow we continue to believe.

Tomorrow is the first day of June. Tomorrow is June 1st. Tomorrow is a day of opportunity. Of hope. Of passion. Of triumph. As Buffalo sports fans, it is our day. A day for everyone who was a part of the non sold-out crowd at the arena on the 5th of October against the New York Islanders who showed their faith after a painful lockout. Where it all began. For anyone who made the cold drive downtown in January just to escape into some more cold in the arena because you realized something incredible could happen on any given night with this team. Pominville. Gaustad. Roy. Miller. Lydman. Tallinder. For anyone who started to make their wives and kids recognize these names. For anyone who remained optomistic after a 4-1 start turned into a 7-10 one, capped off by two losses in 10 days to Ottawa by a combined score of 16-5. (Remember that?). A day for anyone who knew they'd kick the #%^$#! out of them in the playoffs though, no matter what happened in the regular season, and who was confident that the Philadelphia series was over the moment when Umberger put his head down and Campbell put his whole body down. A day for anyone who believed after the screwjob of game 6 of the ECF's and still believes that game 7 can easily be won in Carolina, whose "great hockey fans" haven't even sold out one of the biggest hockey games in years yet. That is not a home-ice advantage. Not compared to ours. For everyone who makes HSBC just that, the greatest advantage. I was there yesterday, and after the "heartbreaking" goal to tie the game at 1 with less than four minutes left and everyone in their crowd was on their feet screaming just as loud for the boys as if they scored, I now realize what that advantage means. For every believer. Let's face it. Other than the Bills choking on 4 Super Bowls or Brett Hull forgetting his skate in the crease when he beat Hasek, this city has not had a better opportunity for that elusive championship and probably will not for a long time. This team just has something special. Period. Something that cannot be explained. Tomorrow, on the first of June, our Buffalo Sabres, our team, will move one step closer to proving every single believer from day one correct and every doubter wrong (Barry Melrose :D . In about 10 hours we will learn if we will be watching this team on Monday and continuing with them on this journey that has became one hell of a ride. Tomorrow we continue to believe.

You've got me all fired up! Could you give a pass to those of us who weren't at the first game because 350+ miles is a long way to go on a Wednesday night when you have to be back on Thursday morning if we bought a mini-pack on the first day available despite living those 350+ miles away? I did however go Sidney Crosby's first game, and tivo'd the Sabres game. I avoided looking at the out of town scoreboard all night until someone in front of me cracked a joke about Buffalo being an offensive juggernaught winning 6-4...

Along those lines, tomorrow is a day for everyone who lives hundreds of miles away with Center Ice and a Tivo and watched this team every game from the beginning!

Awesome first post! Welcome!

I guess I would add those out-of-towners (like me :) )who listened to Rick an Jim for that Islanders game on the internet...

It has been a wonderful ride and never back then did I think our guys would be playing in June!

They have become at least for me the most likeable Buffalo team that I've seen play. Granted, that only goes back to 1980 or so but hey... ;)

Archived