Ward's first elimination game

Rabbit151

I said a couple of days ago that if they got to Game 7, the pressure goes to the Hurricanes. Miller is 1-0 in play-off elimination games, how will Ward do?

It's a crap-shoot now. The good news for the Sabres is that the inexperienced defense has a couple of games under their belt. They're adjusting, they're getting better. A guy like janik will see his opponents less and less with awe, and more like just another hockey player who he needs to out-work.

But, oh my, Fitzpatrick was dreadful out there on a few shifts. What was he thinking in that 2nd period with some of those passes?

That is an excellent question. It will be interesting to see how he plays when everything is on the line. He was damn good yesterday but for the juggle on the OT goal (when the pressure was really on). And he stepped in and saved the Canes from the embarrasing prospect of losing the first series. But this might be a totally different league in terms of pressure.

I said a couple of days ago that if they got to Game 7, the pressure goes to the Hurricanes. Miller is 1-0 in play-off elimination games, how will Ward do?

It's a crap-shoot now. The good news for the Sabres is that the inexperienced defense has a couple of games under their belt. They're adjusting, they're getting better. A guy like janik will see his opponents less and less with awe, and more like just another hockey player who he needs to out-work.

But, oh my, Fitzpatrick was dreadful out there on a few shifts. What was he thinking in that 2nd period with some of those passes?

I remember you posted that you were worried about Miller being fatigued, and unable to replace nutrients quick enough. I see this as more of an issue for some of the older Canes.

You're right. Generally, I try not to say too much in these things, but I've thought that all along. The Hurricanes key players are a lot older than the Sabres. Only Staal is a pup, and Ward obviously.

Their experience will help, but will their age hurt them? If the Sabres skate like they did in the 1st period, it'll hurt them. I feel the Sabres have gotten stronger in the later stages of this series.

I was only wondering if Miller was fatigued, being so skinny. He seems smart enough to be the kind of guy who is taking great care to see that his body is ready each game.

I just cannot get a feel for tomorrow's game... I'm usually pretty accurate when i compare my "gut instinct" to the actual results. I honestly forsee a blowout, like the 8-0 philly elimination game, but realistically, that's the last thing i see happening... However, if we do wipe our a$$es with them tomorrow, you heard it here first!

Carolina is too good to be wiped out on their home ice. Unfortunately this will come down to another 1 goal type game. Miller is due to have a great game down there since he was smoked for 8 total goals in his last two games in Raleigh (games 2 & 5). I like the Sabs 3-2 or 2-1. Possibly in OT.

I honestly forsee a blowout, like the 8-0 philly elimination game, but realistically, that's the last thing i see happening...

No way this is a blow out for the Sabres. I can envision a blow out for the Canes. They nailed us 4-0 one game. Each time we won, it was a freakin cliff hanger. I don't expect the Sabres to get blown out tomorrow. But at the same time, I don't have a gut instinct who will win.

My well stated position has been that the last three games were seasoning games for the Sabres. Finger in the games if you will. I knew they would win last night just as I knew they were going to lose games 4 and games 5.

This series has been pretty easy to call up to now. The team with their back to the wall has won each time they needed to.

Game 7, both teams have their backs to the wall. Sabres squandered a hard earned home field ice advantage.

I think after watching ten minutes, we'll know. One team will look on and one won't. Carolina has shown they are a slow starter and can come back. Buffalo has shown to be a fast starter and not able to come back in this series.

So if Sabres get the better of the play early, game on. If the Canes do, potentially a long night for the home town heros.

Here's to hoping they can repeat the Game 6 period 1 intensity again in Game 7.

Archived