Working the Refs

Dr. K

So, how much of a factor will the Canes concerted effort to work the refs be in the final game? If i were a Canes fan, I too might be upset about the non-call on tripping Williams just before the goal in OT. Just the way we were upset about the tripping call when Staal fell over without being touched in the first period. But all this complaining, more than being about Game 6, seems to me to be just a setup for the game on Thursday.

The quesiton is, will this work? Will they get the benefit of the doubt on calls back in Raleigh? Will the refs be the deciding factor in game 7, as they Canes are saying they were the deciding factor in Game 6? Should Ruff come back at them on the other side, or should he keep his mouth shut.

I think any public "calling out the refs" will work against a team in game 7.

Totally agree. If I were a ref and my game calling was called out in the media, I wouldn't feel too happy about it. I know they are professionals and things like that should not bother them, but they are human. Ruff should just keep quiet and let his team play.

It worked against the Sabres when the Bruins cried. It worked for Philly in round 1, as they got to goon it up for a few games.

I hate when opposing coaches revive the old "The Sabres are divers!' mantra. It's almost as if they remind the refs that they're supposed to scrutinize everything a Buffalo player does.

Archived