Strange comment by Miller after game 5...

LabattBlue

Excerpt from yesterday's Buffalo News...

Stillman gave Carolina the win when a puck caromed off the end boards and right to his stick. He one-timed the puck through Miller's legs, handing Buffalo its first loss in five overtime playoff games.

"In my mind, [stillman] whiffed," Miller said. "It was the perfect whiff."

Anyone know what Miller is talking about? It looked to me like Stillman drilled it between Miller's legs.

Excerpt from yesterday's Buffalo News...

Stillman gave Carolina the win when a puck caromed off the end boards and right to his stick. He one-timed the puck through Miller's legs, handing Buffalo its first loss in five overtime playoff games.

"In my mind, [stillman] whiffed," Miller said. "It was the perfect whiff."

Anyone know what Miller is talking about? It looked to me like Stillman drilled it between Miller's legs.

Yeah, through a 5-hole that was about four feet wide. Not sure what he's talking about. Hopefully he's already forgotten about it and is concentrating on tonight's game.

maybe it looked like to Miller he was going to try to go up high and Stillman Whiffed on it and it ended up going between Millers legs instead?

I think he was just out of position from the shot that went wide. Maybe he over-reacted on the bounce from the boards. If he does his normal butterfly on that shot, he stops it.

paul hamilton talked about this... he started to move upward cause he saw stillman's stick was aimed as if he was about to shoot high... stillman didn't get good wood on the shot and whiffed and it went low instead of high like miller had read

Seems a bit far fetched instead of just saying that he didn't have the 5 hole covered up. In the split second Spillman took to get the shot off, Miller could tell that he was aiming high? :blink: :blink: As long as he has moved on and is ready for the game tonight, who am I to say.

Archived