Edmonton Oilers

Corp000085

discuss...

if....and that is a BIG IF, the Sabres are not to make the Finals, then The Oil are the team I would want to win. I just could not stomach a team nicknamed the Ducks or a team whose average tee-vee viewership in the semis is 44,000 people.

They are a great story though that is for sure. And from what I watched of the semis they did not seem to be 4-1 better than Anaheim but they found a way to win which is all that matters.

I'm so glad the oilers made it. I knew smith wasn't going to touch that trophy. peca must have been telling all the guys how he did the same thing in 99...

anywho, the oil haven't lost pronger or smith or moreau and they would surely be a different team without pronger blocking all those shots. I was in canada when i heard tallinder had a broken arm and i couldn't believe it, i was mentally beating myself up, thinking of the implications and i really think it has an effect on the players, but like lindy said, it's his responsibility to get them thinking the right way so I expect a far better effort tomorrow night. tallinder had 8 points, he scored that huge goal in carolina and he and lydman became the mckee-warrener tandem of old. obviously it's a huge loss but the defense doesn't score goals (usually) and we need the same thinking they had after losing two in philly, that is, get down to business and just do it.

A beautiful edmonton-buffalo final is calling...

now if we could just keep some defensemen alive and kicking...

Archived