Numminem game time decsion, Connolly out

mayers21

The guy on WGR said he looked like he was in a little pain at times, from what I've heard his problem has been he can't do turns/ cross overs, it's all about his ablity to skate. Sounds like he was out there by himself.

Cross your fingers folks.

The guy on WGR said he looked like he was in a little pain at times, from what I've heard his problem has been he can't do turns/ cross overs, it's all about his ablity to skate. Sounds like he was out there by himself.

Cross your fingers folks.

my fingers are crossed, but if he was able to do some normal workouts, it looks like he's VERY close to coming back... he may not be 100%, but having him on the ice would be a moral boost to the team, especially to the floaters like max...

Floater? Max? On a game in and game out basis, I don't see anyone skating harder than Max. It's a shame that lack of production has to be linked to lack of effort or character. You don't think he's trying to score? You don't think he wants to score? Sorry, Corp, I just can't buy that comment about Afinogenov.

We're hearing a variation of this theme after Game 4. The Sabres' "effort" was poor -- they came out "flat" -- they lacked "desperation" -- they "didn't want it bad enough." It's all "hogwash," I say.

Wow, look at the quote marks. I'm turning into that Chris Farley character from SNL, you know, the guy who lived in a van down by the river. :)

Floater? Max? On a game in and game out basis, I don't see anyone skating harder than Max. It's a shame that lack of production has to be linked to lack of effort or character. You don't think he's trying to score? You don't think he wants to score? Sorry, Corp, I just can't buy that comment about Afinogenov.

We're hearing a variation of this theme after Game 4. The Sabres' "effort" was poor -- they came out "flat" -- they lacked "desperation" -- they "didn't want it bad enough." It's all "hogwash," I say.

Wow, look at the quote marks. I'm turning into that Chris Farley character from SNL, you know, the guy who lived in a van down by the river. :)

Max may not be floating, but he's not playing for the team either. He tries to do everything on his own, and often puts his team-mates in bad situations with his ludicrously stupid blind passes.

At this level, it's not about skating fast and shooting bullets, it's also knowing when to hang on to the puck, and when to dish it off. Max fails miserably at both.

Like I said in another thread, it's like he lost three years of development overnight. This is the Max of 2002 we're seeing, and I gotta tell ya - I don't think ANYBODY missed that guy?

my fingers are crossed, but if he was able to do some normal workouts, it looks like he's VERY close to coming back... he may not be 100%, but having him on the ice would be a moral boost to the team, especially to the floaters like max...

Honestly, I think Dumont floats a lot more then Max.

On the contrary I'd actually wish Max would try a little less, cause he seems to be under the impression that he can take on the entire Carolina team by himself.

" Max : Just pass the puck once in a while, and LOOK where you're passing it, those moronic drop-passes off the boards, back to the point are KILLERS!"

You think he might miss Connolly? (sarcasm) When the dust settles on this series, if this is indeed the end of the line, I think the injury to Connolly will do down as the thing that kept us from going all the way. Tim was playing at superstar level, and I don't think that was going to change. Shame.

"i lack camera savvy"

"i sweat profusely"

"i eat my own scabs"

"i'm flying.. holy schnikies, i'm flying! Dear Lord"

RIP Chris farley

as for my max comments before, i may have misspoke when i called him a floater, but a guy who is compared to bure every single game and does not score, well, that bothers me.

Archived