Game 5 Adustments - Stir things up

rickshaw

Game 4 was won on all accounts by Carolina, we all know that.

We need to make sure the next game isn't as "nice" as the last.

The Canes got their lead and made sure they didn't take any stupid retaliation penalties. They didn't muck us up after the whistle. They did nothing that got our guys pissed off. The game was on cruise control.

We need to get the emotion back. Hopefully we'll have much more energy on Sunday, as we basically didn't expend too much on Friday.

Get traffic and jostle their goalie. Get your nose dirty. Don't let the game just coast along. Don't play the two 'J's' together on defense.

Put Mair in, possibly Vanek. Maybe the kid will finally wake up from yet another benching. Miller must be huge. He's just been good in this series. He has to steal a win for us. It's a lot to ask, but it's needed.

This team hasn't trailed in a series yet. Let's hope that continues. Drury will be mad, and that usually means good things.

As i mentioned in my reset post, the sabres were leading and now are tied in the series. They need to win 2 of 3, and the only way they'll do that is to do the things mentioned in your post. No coasting, no drifting, and no "regular season" play. they must play hard and tough. A loss tomorrow has not been predetermined... they can win tomorrow and will win if they play hard.

The one thing I can't understand is why they appear to be so happy with themselves after winning a game in this series that they basically don't show up the next game. It's happened twice now...they won game 1, and didn't show up for game 2, then they won game 3, and didn't show up for game 4...

I guess if it holds, we will decide to show up again for game 5 and win it, then will disappear again in game 6, which will lead us to a winner takes all game in game 7...

Not sure why this is happening, the team seems to expect Carolina to just go away and fall apart after a loss, which obviously is not working out too well...

I expect a gutsy performance in game 5 from this team, one which will leave the pundits and maybe even some of us asking ourselves how they keep doing it with all the injuries...

I fully expect this series to go 7 games now...it seems no team can keep momentum for more than a game, and I don't expect that to change, especially since you can expect Lindy to call out his forwards again and for them to respond like in game 3

Has anyone else noticed that Miller is suddenly average instead of spectacular? He has been letting in soft goals all series, even in the games we won. Miller looks tired and his confidence looks shaken. Carolina got a much needed boost from Gerber last night, had he not made those three early saves on great Sabres scoring chances it would have been a much different game. It's time to shake things up and put Biron in net, and give Miller a much needed rest. Maybe we can get the same results and put the spark back in the team, because it sure wasn't there in game 4.

Has anyone else noticed that Miller is suddenly average instead of spectacular? He has been letting in soft goals all series, even in the games we won. Miller looks tired and his confidence looks shaken. Carolina got a much needed boost from Gerber last night, had he not made those three early saves on great Sabres scoring chances it would have been a much different game. It's time to shake things up and put Biron in net, and give Miller a much needed rest. Maybe we can get the same results and put the spark back in the team, because it sure wasn't there in game 4.

Really don't think this is the answer.

You gotta dance with who brought ya............ :D

Really don't think this is the answer.

You gotta dance with who brought ya............ :D

Maybe you forgot how Biron played this season. He carried this team when Miller was hurt, and he sure looked solid the last game of the season when he shut out Carolina 4-0.

Maybe you forgot how Biron played this season. He carried this team when Miller was hurt, and he sure looked solid the last game of the season when he shut out Carolina 4-0.

Too many Miller apologists on this board. Yes I like Miller too but when he has a subpar game he needs to be called out like everyone else. Games 2 and 4 were bad for him. The first two goals last night went through him. That's not acceptable. They can go over him or around him but he can't let goals got through him. Gerber didn't. If Biron is playing well in practice I'd seriously consider starting him. Miller does look a bit tired and slow to react lately.

Miller was a stud against Ottawa.

He needs the coach to put the "I'm not sure who gets the start on Sunday" quote out there, so he's gets his knickers in a knot. That seems to really fire up Miller.

But yes, he's been good, but good is not enough when your team is injured. You need great. Great wins Cups, not good.

There is no doubt that miller has given up a couple of softies in this series.

The Justin Williams goal in game 2 comes to mind.

I mentioned in another post that the rebound on the Ladd goal last night was gigantic and left Jillson with no real chance to make a play.

I didn't see as many of those rebounds against Ottawa. With three of your top six defencemen out this could be a serious problem.

The Goat

Archived