Carolina has won 4 straight periods, not good

zow2

I'm sorry, but Carolina didn't get a ton of quality chances. Miller has to shut the door Sunday night regardless of the D situation. He looked slow last night and is still fighting the puck a bit. Gerber is solid and even on the few deflections last night, he kept that five hole shut, was very calm and played very solid positioning. That's why everything seemed to go right into his Hurricanes logo. If Miller gives up 4 or more goals Sunday then I'd just start Biron in game 6. Desperate times will call for deperate measures.

Buffalo didn't "sell out" last night to win the game. Seemed like subconsciously they tried to protect the D and try to deke out the whole 'Canes team to get their scoring opportunities. No crashing the forecheck, no mucking it up in front of Gerber, nothing..... They need to lean on Miller Sunday night and be much more aggressive on Offense.

Dumont and others cannot take that extra split second when they have an open shot. JP had two awesome scoring chances in the 1st and he took the extra second and it cost him. We may need one-timers to beat Gerber because he is THAT good.

Teppo and or Connolly need to play if they can. If they are both listed as "day to day" then it sounds like it's up to them to play. Play dammit. You have all summer to nap and read the newspaper.

I haven't given up hope yet but this series seems like it's now 3-2 Carolina instead of 2-2. Anything can happen but you really know that the Canes are going to come out hard Sunday and they will outshoot and outchance us. It's up to Miller to outshine Gerber.

I'm sorry, but Carolina didn't get a ton of quality chances. Miller has to shut the door Sunday night regardless of the D situation. He looked slow last night and is still fighting the puck a bit. Gerber is solid and even on the few deflections last night, he kept that five hole shut, was very calm and played very solid positioning. That's why everything seemed to go right into his Hurricanes logo. If Miller gives up 4 or more goals Sunday then I'd just start Biron in game 6. Desperate times will call for deperate measures.

I don't think you can blame it on Miller. The first goal was tipped by Recchi and then went off Jillson's leg. He never say the second one with Weight screening him. The third was a rebound where Jillson was standing around. The simple fact is if we don't score any goals, it doesn't matter how many Miller let's in. We've got to get our offense in synch which they most definitely were not last night. 4 Power Plays, 1 shot... pathetic.

I'm worried about Gerber being in their heads now and the Sabres' inability to mount any kind of comeback. The Canes came back late in Game 1 and carried that mo into Game 2, a Game 2 that saw the Sabres take over in the third, leading to their win in Game 3, which ended with Carolina pouring it on, which led to... you get the idea. If we had at won the third period last night, we would have something to build on. Instead, you just have that sick feeling.

I'm worried about Gerber being in their heads now and the Sabres' inability to mount any kind of comeback. The Canes came back late in Game 1 and carried that mo into Game 2, a Game 2 that saw the Sabres take over in the third, leading to their win in Game 3, which ended with Carolina pouring it on, which led to... you get the idea. If we had at won the third period last night, we would have something to build on. Instead, you just have that sick feeling.

Yep, good call. Both teams have shown the ability to seize momemtum in their favor but we can't score on Gerber let alone seize anything! That's why I'm concerned about losing 4 periods in a row now. It's like the ship is sinking and we can't stop it.

what bothered me most was the two straight power plays with NO shots on goal. There was so much time passing the puck around looking for the perfect shot. Aren't you better off pelting the goal and hoping for a little luck or a rebound?

what bothered me most was the two straight power plays with NO shots on goal. There was so much time passing the puck around looking for the perfect shot. Aren't you better off pelting the goal and hoping for a little luck or a rebound?

If you don't have a shooting lane, you can't take a shot. No shot is a lot better than a blocked shot.

Buffalo didn't "sell out" last night to win the game. Seemed like subconsciously they tried to protect the D and try to deke out the whole 'Canes team to get their scoring opportunities. No crashing the forecheck, no mucking it up in front of Gerber, nothing..... They need to lean on Miller Sunday night and be much more aggressive on Offense.

Dumont and others cannot take that extra split second when they have an open shot. JP had two awesome scoring chances in the 1st and he took the extra second and it cost him. We may need one-timers to beat Gerber because he is THAT good.

Teppo and or Connolly need to play if they can. If they are both listed as "day to day" then it sounds like it's up to them to play. Play dammit. You have all summer to nap and read the newspaper.

I haven't given up hope yet but this series seems like it's now 3-2 Carolina instead of 2-2. Anything can happen but you really know that the Canes are going to come out hard Sunday and they will outshoot and outchance us. It's up to Miller to outshine Gerber.

Bring Biron into his first playoff game when he hasn't played in over a month? Sounds like throwing in the towel to me.

The score at the beginning of tonight's game is 0-0. Like Miller said, all is forgiven. Until the puck is dropped, I'm not worried about anything.

The Sabres are good enough to take two of the next three.

Archived