Superstitious much????

druryluvr

So, I know that every playoff game i go to, I make sure not to introduce anything new to the HSBC arena. No new shoes, shirts, etc. gotta keep it consistent. why fix something that's not broken!!!??

Therefore, what does everyone else do! Anything really out there and crazy :P

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!! All the way =D

::knock on wood:: haha

Welcome to the board "Druryluvr"

I absolutely believe in superstitions and here's what I'm working on so far this spring:

1- Playoff Beard - I shaved the morning of Game 1 vs Philly, and since have just shaved my neck, once every couple days.

2- I was given a red Sabres shirt at Easter as a gift, and I've worn it for every single playoff game so far, but for nothing else. I've yet to wash it. It's starting to smell.

3 - I've worn a black CCM Sabres hat every game also

4 - Since Game 5 in the 1st round I've worn a goofy black UnderArmour wristband around my right forearm. The only time I haven't worn this was Game 4 vs. Ottawa, which I attended, and the Sabres subsequently lost.

5- I've started off each Sabre game with a bottle of Labbatt's Blue, then drank water the rest of the night.

6- After each win during the Ottawa series, I've gone outside on my front porch and screamed at the top of my lungs for a good couple seconds.

7- The Sabres seem to play better during periods in which I'm watching barefoot...

8 - The volume on our TV is set at 18 during games.

9 - During non-MSG telecasts, I've brought down an old radio from our bathroom into the living room to listen to Jeanarette. The hockey gods seem to smile on this.

10- A red Sabres mini-stick has been laying on top of the TV since Game 1 vs Philly.

Gotta love the playoffs! This has been a blast so far!

On the theory that what goes around comes around, I try to be extra considerate to my wife and kids -- hoping to be rewarded with a big win (not to mention a good marriage and good kids).

I also sit on the edge of my seat with my stomach in knots during the entire game and frequently yell at the TV.

So far, so good.

Go Sabres.

- The playoff goatee is a given ... it is trimmed before each new round.

- Whereas in '99 the Hasek jersey was required game attire, I now have a gameday rotation of blank home and away blue and gold jerseys and a current Biron third jersey. (I don't want to mess with the rotation because it is working, but I am aware that the old-school white is undefeated and came through in Game 5 of both series, by far the biggest game in each). The question is, do I start the rotation over now or do I continue it where I left off? Haven't decided yet. But as with the playoff beard and the Hasek jersey in '99, they get washed only after a round is completed. I'm not washing the luck out ... I have found these things only have so much luck in them and sometimes they need to be refreshed. ;)

Also, for the record, the Hasek jersey hangs on the wall turned around with the GoatHead facing out and Marty on one side, Barrasso on the other ... you can't see anything to indicate it is Hasek. maybe when he retires I will turn it around.

- During the '99 Cup run I watched all the games with a bunch of Sabres fans in Morgantown WV ... they were mostly students at WVU who were from Buffalo, i was the old guy at 28 ... we had several traditions, including everyone had to do a shot of Crown Royal before each overtime period. I have not been able to do this every time this year, but it did come through for Briere's goal against Philly and Dumont's against Ottawa.

I would love to update my avatar and sig file, but they have been the same all season and i am not messing with them.

Because my old job required me to get up early I would always go to bed before the games ended during the season.

It seemed everytime I did that, even if the sabres were losing, I would wake up the next morning and they would win. I fell asleep on the sSturday watching the game they came back and beat philly on greers goal with 4 seconds left. So if felt that my system was working pretty good.

I switched jobs right around the time they had that losing streak towards the end of the year. My new job allowed me to stay up later so I was watching the games. I had to stop watching. It took them a few games but came around and ended the year strong.

Now I've got so neurotic about it, I didn't allow myself to watch game 5 and 6 against philly...and it was only after they were up 5-0 that I watched game 6. Of course philly scored 1 shortly after I started watching.

I didn't watch game 1 or 5 of the ottawa series (although thankfully my wife turned it on right before pomminviles goal). I wont' even TIVO them. That would be tempting the hockey Gods

I don't have friends over to watch bills or sabres games (homerun throwback, hole in net game, bills loss at miami this year)

I don't know what to do for the carolina series. I'm going to start watching, but if they start losing, I might have to take one for the team.

Archived