THANK YOU OTTAWA CONTRIBUTORS

Corp000085

dunno if its me, or if Alfie is just the favorite whipping boy in the NHL and Ottawa right now, but why is Redden not taking any grief. There were several plays in this series where i thought he just played horrible. I mean, the clinching goal, yeah, Alfie lets Jason go by him, but Redden sitting in front of the crease and tries a weak ass poke check instead of taking the body. Is it only me, or is this guy getting somewhat of a free pass for this series

Wade Redden has been dealing with the death of his mother during the playoffs, So most Ottawa fans expected him to be a little off, the fact that he played as well as he did spoke wonders about his character.

Personally I think Luongo is starting to get into the overrated neighborhood, or at least overpaid. If I am going to pay a guy what he is asking, he better get a team to the playoffs at least ONCE. The pressure on him would be HUGE if he went to Ottawa ... everyone would expect the Cup and he has not played in a playoff game yet ...

Mucks knew the risk with Hasek. Hey it was great watching him as a Sens fan for the first half of the season, but ya...he did kind of leave the team hanging until it was too late to do anything.

I have a hard time Faulting Emery..I really do. I think the blame from our perspective has to go upfront. You simply do not win games if you can't score. The Sabres effectivly shut down the Sens guns. It's those guys, they Vets that should be ashamed. Why can't they step it up like so many others in this league when the chips are down.

But I agree with the other posters... We don't need to blow up this team...just tinker using the free $$$ after Chara doesn't resign and I like Havlats idea of Alfie, Arnason and a pick for a bonified goaltender until Emery does have a chance to work on rebound control and continue to build his confidence.

Other than that, I have no reason to be in mourning... The Series overall was great to watch. Reminded me of the 70's - 80's when skill and speed dominated the games.

Good luck vs. Carolina --- I do think the Sabres will give them fits as well B-)

I can't imagine a team trading a bona-fide playoff goalie for Alfredsson (old, high salary), Arnason (useless in new NHL) and a late round pick. Maybe the Ducks or Sharks would trade their backups, but no team would trade their starter.

If Florida bites on that deal, they'd be choosing to pay Alfie instead of Luongo, and that choice doesn't make much sense.

Their best course of action is develop Emery. He has some fundamental flaws, but a good goalie coach could work with him during the off season, and he should improve. He's athletic enough to be a good goalie, he just needs more coaching and experience.

I can't imagine a team trading a bona-fide playoff goalie for Alfredsson (old, high salary), Arnason (useless in new NHL) and a late round pick. Maybe the Ducks or Sharks would trade their backups, but no team would trade their starter.

If Florida bites on that deal, they'd be choosing to pay Alfie instead of Luongo, and that choice doesn't make much sense.

Their best course of action is develop Emery. He has some fundamental flaws, but a good goalie coach could work with him during the off season, and he should improve. He's athletic enough to be a good goalie, he just needs more coaching and experience.

Alfie is signed for the next 3 years at 4.6 Million (I believe) Pretty cheap considering his regular season performances. Mucks inidicated in a press conference today that Alfie will be staying, but he will be shopping around for a Goaltender (to put pressure on Emery). Name bounced around other than both Luongo and Biron is Rolosen.

When talking about Alfie, Mucks said that what Alfie needs is more leadership/Vets on the team to lessen the burden on him of trying to rally the troups by himself. I do agree that this may be the way to go after hearing about it. That said, there is a difinete problem with our Core. They just don't know how to get to the next level when faced with adversity. Some proven Vets may help..or it could backfire. I just think of guys like Ryan Smyth, Gary Roberts...those type of players.

Both Chara and Redden commented on Free agency, I get the impression they are going to test the market which means they are both gone although there is a small hope for Redden to return.

Niether will get the big $$ from the Sens..so they will walk I'm sure. We can get some pretty good players with the 10 + million those two would be wanting.

Boston traded Thornton :lol:

Archived