Resetting the series

PASabreFan

I guess Lindy could say his team has won three out of four, nothing is wrong, keep doing what we're doing. Given how the first four games went, though, and the momentum shifting to Ottawa, I think it would be dangerous to think that way. So what does he change?

A good long conversation about staying out of the box would be a start. Too many brainless penalties. Derek Roy needs a trip to the woodshed right about now.

Scott Arniel has to make some power play adjustments, but what? Entries have been poor.

Finally, we have to start playing more in the Ottawa end. Emery is not going to be able to withstand a barrage of 35-40 shots. But, again, the devil is in the details. How do they get through that defense? I just don't see how we survive if we let Ottawa keep taking the game to us. Miller could wear down if the series goes beyond five games.

As for the opinion that "rope a dope" was the plan going in, and has worked so well, where were all of you before the series? This was supposed to be the new NHL at its best -- end to end. Instead it's been just "end" -- as in the Buffalo end.

Any thoughts on x's and o's? Anyone care to play NHL coach?

The only thing we can do is show repect to the Hockey Gods so the bouces go our way and pray the refs don't f-ck us.

Amen, the superstitious part of me cannot stand when people start talking like a team is already eliminated when there's still hockey left to play.

If the calls start evening out and the Sabres keep playing the way they have been playing, they will be fine. Yesterdays game Ottawa was lucky the refs turned a blind eye to them, cuase Buffalo had a bad first period and a not so great 3rd, and they still could only score twice. Its not like the sabres were beaten 8-0 last night, it was a 2-1 game were the refs routinely gave the Sens chances by calling penalties on Buffalo for the smallest things. I haven't seen too many replays of it, but from the view I had in the arena, I don't thinbk Roy deserved the diving call, I think that call was more for having the reputation for diving. They only need one more win, and have previously shown they can beat the Sens, even with the refs helping them out (game 3)

Archived